Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We can start to go in next week but we’re to be scheduled so not too many people on campus. Apparently our part of the district has had a spike in cases. My principal had planned for us to go in 4 weeks ago, and it was cancelled. Then I was going to go in this week and it was cancelled. Both times it was our local district saying it was too dangerous. Maybe next week???

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    My school has now been shut down for the second time due to a staff person testing positive within days of being on campus. Each time the school has to get closed for 2 weeks and the district sends a crew to clean. If this has happened twice when there are a minimal amount of people on campus, can you imagine what will happen when everyone is back on campus? It really concerns me. I’m in local district NW, but on the far western edge of the valley.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went in yesterday to finish cleaning out my room.

We had to sign up either 1 day or 2 consecutive days. No 2 staff members were permitted in a section together There were 3 of us on my floor all day and one was only there for 30min or so. We had to commit to wearing gloves/masks the entire time. (wearing gloves in a hot building for hours was gross)

We bagged all student work that we could and the contents of their desk/lockers into plastic bags with their names & hr sticker on it and left it in the classroom. Families will be texted an assigned day and custodians will bring them out to the cars for contactless pickup.

We packed up our personal things, cleaned up rooms to close them out for the summer etc. It was surreal. None of us know when we'll see each other again. Its not the happy excited-for-summer feeling we usually have. Exhausting and Depressing.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

My kids' K-8 public school lent Chromebooks to any child that needed one, so they have had really high requirements (mandatory classes each day, tests, and regular letter grades). Other neighboring districts didn't have classes for over 1 month (after spring break) and switched to pass/fail.

I just learned that my 8th grader has class tomorrow on the Memorial Day holiday. WTF? I already contacted the teacher to say my kid won't be attending because we are spending time as a family to have a screen-free day and honor the veterans in our family (although we were fortunate they all came home so it's not really for Memorial Day).

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    My kids' K-8 public school lent Chromebooks to any child that needed one, so they have had really high requirements (mandatory classes each day, tests, and regular letter grades). Other neighboring districts didn't have classes for over 1 month (after spring break) and switched to pass/fail.

I just learned that my 8th grader has class tomorrow on the Memorial Day holiday. WTF? I already contacted the teacher to say my kid won't be attending because we are spending time as a family to have a screen-free day and honor the veterans in our family (although we were fortunate they all came home so it's not really for Memorial Day).
    I have the opposite issue. I posted a reminder on Friday that Monday was a holiday, so no work would be expected and I would post the weekly assignments Monday night. ( I usually post them Sunday night). I had a bunch of parents request I post them on Sunday night as they would be off on Monday and wanted to get a head start on the assignments. Most of May parents are still working so it has been quite a balancing act for them. I told them I would post everything on Sunday night like they asked, but I would not be at my “office hours” on Monday.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6