Default Has anyone used Outschool?

I'm seeing so many ads for Outschool on my FB feed. Have any of you signed your DCs up? I'm considering signing my two up for a couple of art classes. I'd love a review. TIA!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Yes, my boys have taken a few classes but not art. They were all social studies/history related. It worked well and was worth adding something different while we were waiting for our district to start assigning work but needed some structure. I have DS1 signed up for a class running for a few days next week.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Yes - we’ve done a couple of one-offs. I think it totally depends on the instructor, but we’ve been pleased with them for a bit of variety...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

We've done a few one offs, but the only recurring one we've signed up for is a weekly 'play this video game with other kids and a coach' one. My daughter has done:
    - a spanish convo class, which was great but we dropped out of b/c my daughter was protesting doing any video chats(zoom fatique is real)
    - a fun gardening one 'make your own wormfarm'
    - music sing along (teacher was good but my daughter was the only student so that felt weird to me, DD loved it),
    - a 'hang out and draw' one before easter (not much going on but it was only $5, so....what you paid for yada yada)
    - 'secret codes and cyphers' this was a 60 min class and for a large age range. DD loved the first 20-30 min but then it got too complicated for her

My son signed up for a beginning guitar class but dropped after 1 class, I think the instructor was good but it was hard for my son to concentrate in that environment where you have to be self motivated to follow along.

I feel like my kids in general are pretty burnt out on online learning at this point so I've pulled back for to much on outschool until school is done. I've got a ton favorited to keep an eye on for next month/this summer when we have a better idea of what things are going to look like. In deciding whether to offer a class to my kids I look at # of reviews, # of participants per class and whether the class is 1 time or repeated, whether anyone has signed up yet, other things the teacher is offering, etc. In general the student needs to be pretty self motivated to stay on task during the class, my son has ADHD and I don't think he could stay focused on a virtual art class the way his younger sister could, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m interested in this. I don’t think DS would go for now it since “school” is still going on but I’m expecting camps to be cancelled this summer. He has some specific history/science type of interests that may be fulfilled by this (wars and space) which isn’t really taught in school so far. And he devouring books on those subjects so he may be into that format as well.

Bumping for anyone else who has used this or other online resources for enrichment!

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yes! My kids have done several classes and I have all positive things to say. My 13 year old is currently taking American Sign Language and Forensics. She previously took Space Science and Science of Star Wars, Codebreaking, and a couple of math classes. My 11 year old took a Dungeons and Dragons. Very easy website to navigate. 2 thumbs up.
    Our string quartet is complete

Thanks for all of the info. Guess I'll be signing them up!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DS12 took a one time drawing class and a 5 session (5 week) magic class. He enjoyed the magic class, but is not currently interested in trying any of their other offerings. Maybe in the summer when he gets even more bored.
    mom to Billy 12/07

I think I will do some classes for my kids this summer. They have one about Pokémon and insects, and I’m sure my boys would love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Yes. In March they had a $200 credit from a grant that you could sign up for. It went fast so I am lucky my friend let me know right away. So my 10 year old took a bunch of classes on topics like dolphins and sea otters. She did sign language, origami and a harry potter dueling class. Oh and a wildcrafting class. She will do more this summer. I just found a fun series on travel - Travel Tribe I think it is called. Different countries every day. So many choices!