Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I'm glad we have a pool but I can't see the pool from my home office (but I CAN hear them when they're outside) so I don't see that as something they can do during my work hours.
    I'd suggest setting up a security camera so that you can see your pool from inside. We installed a Nest Camera that overlooks our pool and I can see the entire pool easily from my phone, computer, and Echo Show.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I'm burned out from supporting DD in getting her work done and cannot imagine doing anything academic every day.
    100% agree! Now that I have to physically sit next to DS2 the entire day to make sure he gets his work done I'm counting down the days till this is over!

I'm pretty sure DS2's sports camp that he's usually at for most of the summer will be canceled. We paid for it in full back in January to get the early bird special so I'm assuming we'll be getting a refund. I decided today to go ahead and sign him up for 2 weeks of virtual computer camp since he expressed an interest in doing that. He attended in person last summer and DS1 has been going for 6 years as either a camper or CIT.

DH is the only one in the house who is dying to get out! He'd like to go on a road trip to anywhere.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

During a normal summer, DH and I would be in the office and DS would be in summer camp the majority of the season.

We are fortunate enough to be home, but he can't sit on Fortnite the entire summer. I will probably send him to Y camp for two or three weeks just to get him out of the house and around other kids. I'm also hoping that basketball camp, which was supposed to be held in June, gets rescheduled for later in the summer.

And while I usually don't do much academics over the summer, I am very concerned about the summer slide this year based on everything that has been going on. Earlier in distance learning, his teacher had her class using a couple of different education sites for math and reading. I'm going to check with her to see if we'll have access this summer. That's something he can do two or three times a week for under an hour.

We are also rejoining our pool. Now that we don't have our afternoon rush of leaving the office and camp pickup, we'll probably be able to be over there within an hour or so of logging off for the day.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Last week of school is this week. DD16 had a month long international trip plan (canceled) and a quick trip to NYC (ditto). Thankfully (? ) she also had online ACT prep scheduled to start in early June. We had planned to get the 'intake' portion done before the int'l trip and recommence after but now can go straight through. She also needs to get hours for her driver's license so that's an 'activity', plus six hours with a driving instructor. She's been baking a lot and delivering to friends - that takes up some time too.

We're talking about going to our condo in Florida but jury is still out on that one - I may start a different thread.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommytoalyssa View Post
    Though I haven't worked out all the details, I want to coach my teens through running our home for a month this summer. I would pay them and there would be ramping up time, but by the end the goal is they would be responsible for most of what my DH and I do to run the house. Meal planning, shopping, cooking, bill paying, figuring out a laundry schedule, pool maintenance, calling and arranging any necessary appointments, handling any issues that arise... I was even thinking my DH and I can take over their chores while they handle our responsibilities. This is a very unique time when we will be home and without vacations and activities and this is something I've wanted to do with them anyway.
    Whst a great idea!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm thinking more and more about continuing the school aspect. I think we'll do SAT/ACT prep for DS1. I think I'll put DS2 into a great books program (I can probably put a program together but maybe I'll ask about it?). And I plan on schooling DD and DS3 together. DS3 a "remedial" (well, barely at grade level but very reluctant) almost 3rd grader and DD is very advanced going into 1st. In reading they're almost at the same level! I think the easiest way to keep at this is to do transition from school to "homeschool" relatively quickly.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm still trying to figure out summer..... Girl Scout and Boy Scout camps have been cancelled, but Philmont in July is still on(???). Normally, our lives are over programmed, I'm looking forward to having this gift of time to focus on some larger projects and freedom to spend time with family.

My DS is a Junior. I hope next week he will be able to complete his Boy Scout Eagle project.... this requires him to do some things to prepare this week... and I hope sometime in June he will have his final board of review. He is planning to go to Philmont in July, so there will be prepatory hikes. He will be applying to college this summer and participating in an essay writing workshop to help prepare for scholarship applications.

My DD is a Freshman. School ends tomorrow, so she is scrambling to complete assignments --- so close to being finished, but today the end seems so far away.....She is planning to work on her Girl Scout Gold award. She has an issue (dyslexia), but still needs to come up with a project, go through the reviews, and do all the work. She will be "meeting" with an advisor (special ed teacher leading school district dyslexia intervention) next week. She will also be either taking latin through a virtual school or doing the free rosetta stone spanish lessons. She wants to take a language, but knows it will be difficult due to her learning difference... so we are testing the water this summer.

As a family, we are cleaning our basement and going to refinsh... lots of hording and flood damage and head-in-the-sand going on, but this summer is a gift and we are going to give ourselves a new and improved living space.

We are also going to go on an extended float trip in Wisconson or white water rafting in Tennessee.

My DH works out of home and I will probably work out of home sometime in June. Right now, the kids and I are at a family lake house. I expect when ever possible, the kids will stay at the lake house with my parents or sister after I go back to work. We live in an area that has low incidence with respect to the country, but significantly high incidence with respect to our state (90% of cases and deaths in state from our metropolitan area)... so, sending the kids to the lake where they can enjoy their summer and be more safe is perfect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4