Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is actually common for kids with learning disabilities and executive function issues. Don’t take his word for submitting. Make him come to you to show you that he hit submit on the assignment
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Can you check his grades/assignments? We can easily see what hasn't been submitted or is late/missing. Basically they lose electronics when that happens, especially in high school, since they rarely get credit for submitting things late. My rising junior is the one who struggles with this the most and it makes my head want to explode.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is he not submitting due to forgetfulness or perfectionistic tendencies/anxiety or carelessness? Those can look the same, but have very different roots. If it has been all semester, it makes me think there might be something more than forgetfulness.

I like the post-it note suggestion. We use a ton of them here.
    K

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

He didn’t have issues submitting things at school. He’s been better since I found several assignments not submitted and a few not completed. He’s all caught up now. I do think part of it is he’s just not motivated, he gets the work completed quickly, and it’s not his best work, then he moves on to what he wants to do.

I can check his work on google classroom. I really hate having to check up on it. The weeks I do a couple of regular checks, everything gets done. On the weeks I don’t check and just take his word that it’s submitted, there’s missing work.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had the same issue with DS1 (he's 11). He's super smart but for some reason wouldn't hit the submit button. It wasn't every day but at least once a week.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the same issue with my ds (14). In my case, I am just telling him when I get an e-mail and he then does it. The school district here is very lax, so there is no real immediate consequence. I know its an issue that he is forgetting to turn it in, but I also feel he will do better if he gets feedback from that directly from his teachers, so I am waiting for that to happen.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2