Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Mid-price patio furniture recommendations?

Like everyone, it’s looking like we’ll be spending a lot more time at home this summer than we originally expected! I’m hoping to reallocate some funds from travel and other summer activities to making our backyard a nicer hangout spot. We have a deck that’s not huge, maybe 10’x14’. Not sure if I want a sofa/coffee table type seating area or a dining table. I’d love to have both if I can find sets that are compact enough without feeling too tiny. I’m not looking to spend big money on top quality stuff, but I also don’t want junk that will only last a year or two. I’ve browsed online at Amazon, Wayfair, and Target so far. Any recommendations for a good value, either general (stores or materials that you’ve had good or bad experiences with?), or specific sets? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought 2 Target Threshold arm chairs for my patio last year and very happy with the quality of them. https://www.target.com/p/halsted-all...81#lnk=sametab

Our house came with a sectional like this one https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/...000821587.html We're happy with it!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We bought a couch in Wayfair. We wanted sunbrella fabric so it would last longer, but we do cover it up as well. Its been great, except delivery was a problem. They delivered it early and only DS was home so he didn’t realize it was wrong couch. It got replaced but took a couple weeks and new delivery guys didn’t know they had to take wrong one. They said it often happens with Wayfair

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We bought this set from Lowe’s last year on end of season clearance. It’s very comfortable.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/allen-roth-...ons/1000312953

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Most of our outdoor furniture is from Frontgate (bought on off-season clearance and still expensive) and the quality is really good. That said, I didn't want to buy bar stools from there as they were too expensive, so I bought from Overstock. They are wonderful quality and comparable to a high end retailer. So I would definitely check out Overstock--a lot of their furniture has many reviews so you can see whether people have been satisfied with the quality.

I bought a set from Costco on a whim last year after we completed a large patio project and had multiple areas to furnish. We ended up loving it! They don't have a ton of selection but it seems like what they had was a good quality for the price.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our set is from a local shop and was expensive. It looks great and has worked well for us but if I had it to do over I would buy whatever Costco has.

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We bought a set from Sam's Club last year that I've been very happy with. Sturdy and comfortable without completely breaking the bank.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Costco, excellent quality at fair prices that is often discounted further at different points during the season. Selection is indeed limited but what they have tends towards neutral, so very easy to dress up with rugs, accessories etc. We have a teak dining set (that we allowed to weather to a pretty gray) and a super comfy Portofino sofa and chairs sets from them. All cushions are Sunbrella. Both 4 years old. No staining, no fading, and we are in Texas where it is hot and also rains often. We don’t cover the sets or bring the cushions (throw only, as the seat ones are pretty secure) inside for anything but wind. But they rinse off fine if they do blow into the yard.
    DS 2014

erosenst is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Portofino/RST brands came up a lot when we were looking. Costco sells under those names. We *love* the Portofino umbrella (expensive but lasts and works great) but didn't like their furniture selection. Found a good deal on Wayfair for some we really liked, including sunbrella fabric. When it arrived it was RST that Wayfair had private labeled. We've had it a couple years and love it - very comfortable, holds up well, etc.

(Looks like if you type in RST Outdoor Furniture the private labeled stuff pulls up.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast