Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Are you bringing housecleaners into your home?

My Cleaner sent me a message asking if we would like to get back on the schedule. We are paying her regardless of whether she comes, so that’s not an issue, but I have to admit it is really tempting. Our county is now allowing house cleaners. She’s extremely cautious and it will be her and her daughter, and I know they are cautious and trustworthy. They’ll wear masks and gloves, and I can open the windows And of course leave the house if they come. But I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do yet… We are still in shelter in place until the end of May.

dh is ok with it. I’m wondering if we should wait a bit.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We aren't yet. Of course, we are having some construction done this week...so that's an intrusion of other folks They're putting new floors in 2 small bathrooms. I'm going to be intentional about keeping people out of of the same airspace, and I'll put my IQ Air purifier right where they finish working, wipe down all the surfaces with a mask on, etc.

Very tempting to have the cleaners back. She texted and said, "See you soon!"

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The last time our weekly housekeeper came over was March 6th. We're also still paying her and she's paid through till June 1st. I'm not sure when we'll have her come back. My mom and I have split up the weekly cleaning and the kids have been given additional chores so we're keeping up with the cleaning so far. My housekeeper has a very large extended family that all live close by and she's divorced so her kids go visit their father with his new family all the time. Her quarantine bubble is much much larger than mine so definitely more risky.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DH are very tempted and leaning towards doing it, but only under the following conditions:
    -Our family would stay out of the house while the cleaners were here and for a couple of hours afterwards
    -We’d leave the windows open while and after they are here
    -They’d take off their shoes (which they usually do anyway) and wear masks
    -They would only use our cleaning supplies (vacuum cleaner, mop, rags/microfiber cloths, scrub brushes, paper towels, etc)
    -After all that I’d still go through and wipe down surfaces with disinfectant wipes.

Two months ago, paying for housecleaning seemed like an indulgence that we could easily live without. But we are doing a bad job of trying to keep our house clean ourselves with 4 people being at home 24-7.

I know I am privileged to be able to pay someone to clean my house. But at the same time, our cleaning service really wants to work. Even though we’ve been paying them for the past 2 months, the owner reached out last week to ask if they could come clean

Yes, we are, our house is on the market right now so already other people in it at times. I have had the same housekeeping team for about 12 years. I told them I will pay if anyone is sick and they need to cancel for a few weeks. They wear masks and gloves.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes. We just recently started. She uses our cleaning supplies and vacuum as we leave when she is here.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No. That isn’t something I deem essential. The only person we had in was our plumber to check on a gas leak with our dryer (there was one, he fixed it). I can clean. I can’t fix a gas leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I am so tempted. I hate cleaning with a passion and I'm a horrible housekeeper. We've been paying her all this time to stay away, but I would love to have her back in June. I'm loving some of these ideas posted to reduce risk.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Are you bringing housecleaners into your home?

We do not have a house cleaner right now (we’ve had them in the past, but not for the past 2.5 years.....while I would love a cleaner house every other week it just ended up being a non essential thing for us as we felt like we had to keep cleaning all the time even when the cleaner came and we decided to save costs by cleaning ourselves), but our house is going on the market in a few weeks so I know we may have to have someone come in and clean before it goes on the market, and that is okay with me. Our real estate agent came over last week and wore a mask (she was the first person in the house). We need to have some handy man work done as well in order to sell so another person will be in our house at some point prior to it going on the market as well. If it helps my house sell faster I am okay with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-18-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have been having ours come for last 3 weeks since it was allowed by our county. She wears a mask and we just stay on opposite floor from where she is working. You just have to make the decision based on rules for your area and what you are comfortable with.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast