Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It's illegal where I am and a $2000 fine if caught.

We wish we could, but just don't feel comfortable with it. To thoroughly clean, they would be touching every surface! If I have to wipe those surfaces again, it seems like a waste. Our housekeeper also lives in a real hotspot (in an apartment, so common areas to navigate), and doesn't feel comfortable herself entering houses again.
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

We have had our weekly housekeeper come the entire time. DH and I work out of the house 5 days a week, our kids are healthy teens. Our area has not had Covid as bad as some others.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Not yet. She would be fine with it but we are cautious on this one since she cleans other houses and will have more chances of exposure even using our materials. We have been paying the entire time though and hope enough other clients are that she’s okay financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am not yet comfortable with bringing in any non-essential people. As much as I would *love* to let someone else clean for a change - especially with us all home 24/7 to eat and make messes - I have learned to manage. It does not feel worth the risk to me.
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

Default Are you bringing housecleaners into your home?

No, we’ve been paying her since her last service in early March. Her bubble is small, lives in her own house with a husband who’s been working from home. We’re not comfortable yet as she will be starting up her services for some of her clients this week. I prefer to wait longer. Our kids have stepped up, and our home is bit messier than usual but still not worth taking the risk.

Also, cleaners isn’t allowed until we’re in phase 2, and we’re still in phase 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by DualvansMommy; 05-20-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Nope, not there. I love our cleaning person but she lives with husband and 2 of their young adult sons. She is cleaning other houses. I'm not sure how careful everyone else in her circle is being. We will continue to clean on our own ( and pay) but I sure miss having her!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nope, I just don’t want a person in our house that is at a lot of other houses. Honestly, she just started cleaning for us before everything closed down so I’m sure she will be back. But I’ve got a summer chore list for my kids that will really get everything but the most deep cleaning done in the house so we should be ok.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not yet. We’re still providing childcare for someone who is caring for Covid19 patients. A friend who is a nurse at another hospital caught Covid19 from her patients, and that is making me feel extra cautious. She unknowingly exposed her family. Fortunately they all are fine and she recovered quickly. I would hate for us to by asymptomatic and pass something along to our housecleaner!

ETA: My kids are old enough to do chores, and once a week we have a "Name-of-Cleaner Day" and scrub the house down. All of us together are not as good as our housekeeper but we are definitely keeping the house livable!
    Last edited by California; 05-19-2020 at 09:58 PM.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Double post
    Last edited by California; 05-19-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast