I'm diving off of my prior thread about summer plans because I've determined that I definitely want to keep up with some learning. Part of it is a desire to deepen and improve my kids education but also provide some structure during a summer that will look pretty monotonous if we aren't industrious!

I want to work with DS3 and DD on some pretty typical academic stuff. My mom gave me an old copy of the 3rd grade HM readers from a series no longer in use. I plan on using that for them for language arts. I am going to use tangrams, pattern blocks, popsicle stick math, and these "math tile" sets that also come from my mom for math.

DS2 I want to put in a "great books" type class. I can probably craft one, but I'd love to see if there is already one out there. He's competitive. If I give him a goal to meet with some kind of reward he'll be on it.

DS1 I want him to do some SAT/ACT prep. I don't have anything right now. Everyone has recommended using Khan academy linked with his PSAT test for prep but I haven't figure this out yet. I'm sure it is just a matter of google. I'd love to have recommendations on courses or books for the tests too if anyone has it?

On top of that, I am going to work on Story of the World with all the kids. I am also going to work on manners and character traits (honesty, hard work, etc.) by reading lots of the classic stories. I hope the library is open this summer but if not we've got a fair sized collection!

I'd love any recommendations for "great books" type curriculum for a middle schooler. Also any SAT/ACT prep stuff. I'm overdue on working on this I think and I'd love any advice you have.

Thank you!