Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Amazon, that's just not cool

My kids had been pooling their money for a very long time to buy a 3D printer. All four kids contributed--pulled weeds, saved birthday money, etc. and purchased one on amazon in Mid March. It wasn't supposed to ship until the end of the month but we were going to deal with it. Then we got an update that it wouldn't ship until April 30. Ok, we get it. Amazon is busy shipping important things around the country, right? Now it isn't supposed to ship until the end of May. We hope it eventually ships! It was supposed to be a big COVID19 quarantine project! Also, they worked SO hard for this. Had they known it may never materialize they probably would have spend their money on something else!

Also, side note but I ordered mascara and toothpaste at the same time. It came this week.... In mid May...

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    My kids had been pooling their money for a very long time to buy a 3D printer. All four kids contributed--pulled weeds, saved birthday money, etc. and purchased one on amazon in Mid March. It wasn't supposed to ship until the end of the month but we were going to deal with it. Then we got an update that it wouldn't ship until April 30. Ok, we get it. Amazon is busy shipping important things around the country, right? Now it isn't supposed to ship until the end of May. We hope it eventually ships! It was supposed to be a big COVID19 quarantine project! Also, they worked SO hard for this. Had they known it may never materialize they probably would have spend their money on something else!

Also, side note but I ordered mascara and toothpaste at the same time. It came this week.... In mid May...
    I'm sorry, that really sucks for your kids! Was the printer made in Asia? I'm asking because I work for an agency in SoCal involved with world trade. We are seeing a huge slowdown in cargo ships coming to the US. We always have a slight slowdown for Chinese New Year, but then Covid hit and the China trade war is ongoing... So there just isn't enough justification to bring cargo ships to the US.
    I know that doesn't help make you and your kids feel better about the delay, but wanted to point out it might not be Amazon's fault or in their control. :/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Can you cancel that order since it still hadn’t shipped yet? Should have a window to cancel, I would think and buy it somewhere else like Best Buy, staples etc? Now that stores are doing more curbside pickup with the reopening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I'm sorry, that really sucks for your kids! Was the printer made in Asia? I'm asking because I work for an agency in SoCal involved with world trade. We are seeing a huge slowdown in cargo ships coming to the US. We always have a slight slowdown for Chinese New Year, but then Covid hit and the China trade war is ongoing... So there just isn't enough justification to bring cargo ships to the US.
    I know that doesn't help make you and your kids feel better about the delay, but wanted to point out it might not be Amazon's fault or in their control. :/

That's a good point! Could be. That might make me feel better about it, actually. DH is the one that really has been researching. I'll ask him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Can you cancel that order since it still hadn’t shipped yet? Should have a window to cancel, I would think and buy it somewhere else like Best Buy, staples etc? Now that stores are doing more curbside pickup with the reopening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We got a GREAT deal. They may not have enough at another spot. Also all the filament has arrived and all the accessories. I'll ask DH about this too. They did ask him if he wanted to cancel... I think there was a reason that he did not!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At some point, Amazon shut down nonessential items from outside vendors. In addition to supply/shipping issues from China. Even prime stuff has been taking weeks to ship. ... unless you WANT it to take a while - because you have enough of an item already and no space to store it...... THEN they magically ship it early!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

So I should have complained a LONG time ago because....it showed up on my porch yesterday! We're excited. We're surprised. Wasn't supposed to be here. I get that the world is completely out of whack. I should have showed a little grace but I'm just so happy because my kids are thrilled. They feel especially excited because they worked so hard for it. Now to find a space for it in 1200 square foot house....

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    So I should have complained a LONG time ago because....it showed up on my porch yesterday! We're excited. We're surprised. Wasn't supposed to be here. I get that the world is completely out of whack. I should have showed a little grace but I'm just so happy because my kids are thrilled. They feel especially excited because they worked so hard for it. Now to find a space for it in 1200 square foot house....
    Yay! I'm so happy for them and you! What a great kick off to the long weekend!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our Amazon deliveries have had absolutely no rhyme or reason to them for the last month and a half. And whatever the delivery status says on Amazon usually hasn't been accurate.
    But yay for it finally coming!!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Glad it came!

Our printer is in our kitchen, because that's where it fits and is easily accessible for all.
    Kris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast