Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I know that my husband was extremely happy to get a haircut and the salon was being extremely cautious which I was happy to see.
    Hair salons are currently supposed to be able to reopen here on June 1, and my husband is really looking forward to getting a haircut too!! They will all be by appointment only, no waiting room use, and masks required (most of the time? not sure if they'd need to remove it for a couple of minutes to trim around the ears?).
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Hair salons are currently supposed to be able to reopen here on June 1, and my husband is really looking forward to getting a haircut too!! They will all be by appointment only, no waiting room use, and masks required (most of the time? not sure if they'd need to remove it for a couple of minutes to trim around the ears?).
    Our salon did online appointment, wait in car, temp check at door, masks on. He said she just worked around his mask and it worked fine.

I have a hair appointment Thursday and I am so excited. lol I’m getting my hair chemically straightened. I was texting with my stylist, and I am going to simply hold the mask to my face when she gets around my ears. I don’t want to risk chemical getting on the ear loops and then having them sit on my skin. I’m also going to hold it over my face without the ear loops when she washes my hair.

I found a box of disposable facemasks at Walgreens the other day. I think these will be great for my hair appointment and for when DH and DS get haircuts. We can just toss them after our appointment.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I have a hair appointment Thursday and I am so excited. lol I’m getting my hair chemically straightened. I was texting with my stylist, and I am going to simply hold the mask to my face when she gets around my ears. I don’t want to risk chemical getting on the ear loops and then having them sit on my skin. I’m also going to hold it over my face without the ear loops when she washes my hair.

I found a box of disposable facemasks at Walgreens the other day. I think these will be great for my hair appointment and for when DH and DS get haircuts. We can just toss them after our appointment.
    I wondered how straightenings would work. I havent done my hair in years but thats the 1st thing I thought about when I saw the new regulations.

I seem to remember they were not allowing blow dry services here? I'm glad I dont worry about it anymore!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m really excited about my hair appointment Thursday as well. I didn’t even think about wearing a disposable mask but it will get wet and will have color on it! Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    I’m really excited about my hair appointment Thursday as well. I didn’t even think about wearing a disposable mask but it will get wet and will have color on it! Thanks for the tip.
    Yeah, when I was texting with my stylist, I was thinking about my reusable cloth facemask. I hadn’t even found the disposable ones yet. I still don’t want chemical to get on the ear loops because I’ll have to wear it the rest of the visit. But I guess it doesn’t really matter if it gets wet at the shampoo bowl.

I always sit under the dryer for about an hour or so toward the end. That’s another reason I’m glad I found a disposable face mask. They’re not as heavy and thick as my reusable ones, so it should be a little more comfortable under all that heat.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    That is an interesting way of looking at it, this board is a perfect example of how we all have different risk tolerances. Of course, most of us has a much smaller risk of exposure to covid than 1 in 38 given that Boston continues to be one of the hardest hit parts of the country.
    Our town has a randomized community study going where they test nearly 1000 people every weekend, and so far the rate is about 1 in 1000 for active COVID. This is in part why people are starting to feel good here. Except that our high schools has 2000 kids, indoor games and movies might have several hundred attendees, our basketball coliseum holds about 10K. So even with our low risk, it is going to take a while to get back to normal.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7