Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Not Liz but I grow lemon thyme every summer and I loooooove it. I use it anyplace is normally use rhyme but my faves are making a lemon vinaigrette with lemon thyme in it. I make a lot of quinoa salads in the summer and will toss fresh lemon thyme leaves in them. It’s lovely on grilled or roasted chicken. It’s just a brighter and more summery flavor than regular thyme. I almost never use the regular thyme anymore.

Op- my must have herbs are lemon thyme, regular thyme, parsley (I actually use it a ton and find it brightens up lots of dishes), several types of basil (always Thai and sweet), mint (usually chocolate mint), and rosemary. I love cilantro but it doesn’t grow well for me so I stopped planting it. I rarely used the oregano I planted in the past so I skip that now.
    Thanks! Any chance you could share recipes or basic guidelines of your lemon vinaigrette and quinoa salads and chicken? My mouth is watering. ��

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    How do you like to use your lemon thyme?
    I love using it in marinades, usually for chicken or pork (I just throw mine together, rarely with a recipe -- some variation of olive oil, a vinegar or lemon juice, herbs, and salt and pepper). I also like using it in pasta dishes - again, tend to be things I just throw together -- pasta with a lemon butter or lemon olive oil sauce on them. This is my first year growing it and I've only had it for a few months so I'm sure I'm still discovering how to use it!
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    Thanks! Any chance you could share recipes or basic guidelines of your lemon vinaigrette and quinoa salads and chicken? My mouth is watering. ��

I'm also more of a throw it together and see what works cook. Here are some basic recipes I have riffed off of though -

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/lifes...alad-dressing/
    I usually also add honey to taste and then add in fresh herbs like my lemon thyme.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/cd...3e5369edbd.jpg
    can sub lemon juice (or lime) for the OJ. ANd add herbs. I tend to use a stick blender when making dressings to help emulsify everything together. Using that with dijon the dressings stay emulsified really well.

For Quinoa salads in spring and summer I like to toss in things like dried fruits (cherries, cranberries, chopped apricots), chopped veggies like cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper, avocado, grape tomatoes, etc. Sometimes I do fresh greens like spinach or spring mix. I add chopped herbs like lemon thyme, parsley, basil, mint. Sometimes I'll add a little meat like chopped bacon or roasted chicken cubes but usually not. I don't have a recipe. I just use whatever I've got and top it off with some sort of vinaigrette dressing (lemon juice, sunflower oil, cider vinegar, honey, Dijon, S/P, herbs - if I want a creamy vinaigrette I add about 1/4 of a ripe avocado). You can also do a really delicious "BLT+A" quinoa salad with bacon, cherry tomato, avocado cubes, chopped romaine or baby greens, and a creamy lemon vinaigrette. That's a hit with my teen son, who balks at vegetarian meals.

My marinade recipe is essentially the same as Liziz. I also sometimes just roast or grill with just S/P and the toss the herbs on at the last minute of cooking.
    Toss it on pasta with butter or EVOO and parmesan. Put it in regular green salads. Make a tomato cucumber salad with fresh herbs and white balsamic drizzle. So many options. Once you start playing with it in recipes you'll be cooking and think "Ooh! I should grab some lemon thyme for this!" lol If you're a lemon fan (and I am - it is my absolute fave flavor and scent) you will be amazed how many ways you think of to use it.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm also more of a throw it together and see what works cook. Here are some basic recipes I have riffed off of though -

I usually also add honey to taste and then add in fresh herbs like my lemon thyme.

can sub lemon juice (or lime) for the OJ. ANd add herbs. I tend to use a stick blender when making dressings to help emulsify everything together. Using that with dijon the dressings stay emulsified really well.

For Quinoa salads in spring and summer I like to toss in things like dried fruits (cherries, cranberries, chopped apricots), chopped veggies like cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper, avocado, grape tomatoes, etc. Sometimes I do fresh greens like spinach or spring mix. I add chopped herbs like lemon thyme, parsley, basil, mint. Sometimes I'll add a little meat like chopped bacon or roasted chicken cubes but usually not. I don't have a recipe. I just use whatever I've got and top it off with some sort of vinaigrette dressing (lemon juice, sunflower oil, cider vinegar, honey, Dijon, S/P, herbs - if I want a creamy vinaigrette I add about 1/4 of a ripe avocado). You can also do a really delicious "BLT+A" quinoa salad with bacon, cherry tomato, avocado cubes, chopped romaine or baby greens, and a creamy lemon vinaigrette. That's a hit with my teen son, who balks at vegetarian meals.

My marinade recipe is essentially the same as Liziz. I also sometimes just roast or grill with just S/P and the toss the herbs on at the last minute of cooking.
    Toss it on pasta with butter or EVOO and parmesan. Put it in regular green salads. Make a tomato cucumber salad with fresh herbs and white balsamic drizzle. So many options. Once you start playing with it in recipes you'll be cooking and think "Ooh! I should grab some lemon thyme for this!" lol If you're a lemon fan (and I am - it is my absolute fave flavor and scent) you will be amazed how many ways you think of to use it.
    Oh my word, you have got me sold on it. Thank you, I am so not a intuitive cook like this.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you so much, can’t wait to grow some lemon thyme and try out both of your delicious ideas! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I love using it in marinades, usually for chicken or pork (I just throw mine together, rarely with a recipe -- some variation of olive oil, a vinegar or lemon juice, herbs, and salt and pepper). I also like using it in pasta dishes - again, tend to be things I just throw together -- pasta with a lemon butter or lemon olive oil sauce on them. This is my first year growing it and I've only had it for a few months so I'm sure I'm still discovering how to use it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2