Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Any organized, team sports running in your area this summer? Or camps.& classes?

Just found out this morning that soccer will be cancelled for the foreseeable future (even though they had said earlier this week that it would start on June 1st). So I'm looking for any other sports, preferably team (though I guess that's pretty unlikely) that would still be running this summer for DS. He doesn't like tennis, though I think that would be a good option for distancing.

Any other ideas? Could you please share what sports (individual included) and activities your kids are doing this summer?
    Last edited by ourbabygirl; 05-23-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Just found out this morning that soccer will be cancelled for the foreseeable future (even though they had said earlier this week that it would start on June 1st). So I'm looking for any other sports, preferably team (though I guess that's pretty unlikely) that would still be running this summer for DS. He doesn't like tennis, though I think that would be a good option for distancing.

Any other ideas? Could you please share what sports (individual included) and activities are your kids doing this summer?
    Tennis and golf are the only two allowed right now in our area. Lacrosse and soccer are suppose to be back in July, however kids may start out practicing in groups of ten unless we enter Phase 2 before then.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are allowed baseball but the restrictions don’t make it fun, so my kids chose not to play. They just play rec ball, so it’s not a big deal to them. They do it to socialize and for fun. Swim team is also cancelled because we use the public pool is closed. Realistically though even if it were open, the restrictions would make it a big logistical nightmare to try and run practices. So, my kids don’t have anything scheduled right now. They may sign up for a triathlon DS1 hasn’t been wanting to do but always falls on the weekend of swim champs. There is a soccer camp we may sign up for in late July but I’ll have to wait and see how comfortable I feel as we get closer. DS1 has decided he’s going to play tennis with a friend. So, not much help for you. We don’t have any concrete plans!

Tennis, golf, and soccer

Adding we are resuming weekly tennis clinic. Outdoor sports camp will still operate. Some indoor camps have closed or virtual
    Last edited by marymoo86; 05-23-2020 at 02:17 PM.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Tennis, golf, pickle ball are the ones I’ve seen allowed but I’ve seen no organized camps or classes for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS's travel hockey team is having unofficial dryland workouts and roller hockey, at a park twice a week, kids are so happy, parents happy to sit with a cold beverage and visit, all able to be done safely.

DD is on a travel lacrosse team, no official practices yet but she is working on cardio and shooting in the back yard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Swimming has dry land on zoom.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Our soccer team is having unofficial practice and will have new player try outs in 2 weeks. Florida is open for youth sports and camps. I haven’t checked what is actually open yet
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They are trying to work it out here. The hospital systems are working with the county for starting camps in June and sports in mid June. We will see. Our particular county has done a decent job with guidelines. Parents need childcare if they are going back to work, so I wouldn’t sign my kids up for a camp and take a needed limited spot from anyone. I will let them start sports. My sons hockey team has two sheets of ice every week for 10 kids to practice now. Personal training is open, but not gyms, so we have done 1 on 1 hockey lessons (social distanced, only 3 people in the building...coach, my son, and me...synthetic ice facility) and my teen is going to start with his trainer (masked workouts may be less intense). He’s been working at home but I don’t have heavy weights for him and he is strong. Suppposed to have lacrosse in mid-late June. Again, we will see what they come up with for safety of actual games. Small practices have been doable. The neighboring county just went all in which is annoying.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 05-23-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Our soccer tryouts was cancelled last month, and now all official related practices, games etc is cancelled through the summer. Came down from official league, hoping to return for the fall.

Only thing that is open our boys can do is golf and tennis. They’re only interested in golfing with their dad, so that’ll be our plans.

Unoffically kids can do tactical training with social distancing for my oldest sons team this summer, when we enter phase 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast