Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have pretty much resumed a normalish life. Ds4 is doing soccer with his team ds4 is going to the soccer fields and beach with friends I generally do the grocery and other shopping. I did returns at kohl’s and hit Marshall’s and steinmart yesterday and had a mani pedi We are meeting friends for dinner they are in town using their vacation condo We have family coming to visit 6/11. I have a paddle board date with girlfriends next week
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our state now allows groups of 10 or less. My kids hadn’t been out of the house other than to drive to the lake until this week. DS had two ortho appts to get his braces on. We have one family that we’re allowing the kids to socialize with, they try to to stay six feet apart but it doesn’t always happen. That just started Wed and we’ll only see them once or twice a week. It’s a risk, as they aren’t as stringent as us but for everyone’s mental health it needs done. We only hang out outside. They came to the lake last night (we’re on the same lake and live close at home, so the kids can play wherever which helps reduce exposures with multiple families) and it was so nice to be able to sit on the deck and have an adult conversation. I did feel bad the kids couldn’t go down and play with the lake neighbors a few houses down because they don’t see them but in the summer but that’s no in my comfort zone yet. We’re trying to be as smart as possible while still getting out a bit. It makes me nervous wondering if I’ve exposed us to it, but we can’t stay in the house forever. We’re staying away from Grandparents but stopping by and talking 10+ feet away outside to check on them. Trying to avoid stores unless it’s needed.

ETA: If the known cases were higher in my area I wouldn’t be as comfortable with what we are doing I don’t think. We’ve got about 50 cases in the county and at least half of of them are from a jail. The surrounding areas are also low numbers.
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 05-24-2020 at 02:21 PM.

DH and the kids haven't been anywhere since mid-March, except for the occasional neighborhood walk, where we can easily stay more than 6' apart from others. I went to the grocery store and Costco once at the end of March when it was impossible to snag delivery slots, but ever since then we've had our groceries delivered or picked up. My parents live 10 minutes away, so I deliver groceries to them, too.

We are all introverts, so staying home is not a problem for us. Since DH is high risk, we hope to be able to continue this for as long as we can.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think this board is the only place where I “know” people that have observed social distancing stricter than we have. We’ve been to the store about 4 times. I did 2 additional Target pickups and I’ve visited a few friends porches to pick up/drop off items and had brief conversations at more than 6 feet distance. My family does a daily walk in the morning (no masks but we cross streets and generally avoid close contact with people). We have had restaurant food delivered 4 times which is more than usual.

We are planning a backyard BBQ with my parents tomorrow. Our first “social” activity. We will be outside and distanced. We have done the research and don’t fear that it is dangerous but at the same time it feels reckless in some ways. I’m actually worried it’s breaking the statute but can’t find anything to confirm that. We’ve considered socializing “double bubble” style with my parents who are as cautious as we are. It would add a richness to their life and to ours.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with Bisous. This board is way stricter than almost everyone I know in real life. We have run to the grocery store at least once I week during all of this. Have taken many outdoor hikes with the kids. I have gone to work once for a 1/2 hour meeting with my boss about a month ago. Ds1 has been doing socially distant bike rides with friends. We have been doing more outdoor socially distant activities lately and will continue to do so. My older 2 kids will play baseball/softball with some strict rules. And we will likely go to our neighborhood pool when it opens. We do wear masks when we are in stores.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I still don’t get why whole families are out running errands. Barring a family situation that requires it, It’s absolutely unnecessary to bring 2 parents and all the kids on any errands right now. I’ve been the designated shopper this whole time. If I were a single parent of young kids, of course I’d bring them if I had to run out for something. But, people today are acting like it’s any other weekend and the family is just going for a leisurely stroll at Lowe’s. It makes the store more crowded and it puts those kids at risk. I get that kids might be stir crazy but take them to a state park to hike or something. Not to the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I still don’t get why whole families are out running errands. Barring a family situation that requires it, It’s absolutely unnecessary to bring 2 parents and all the kids on any errands right now. I’ve been the designated shopper this whole time. If I were a single parent of young kids, of course I’d bring them if I had to run out for something. But, people today are acting like it’s any other weekend and the family is just going for a leisurely stroll at Lowe’s. It makes the store more crowded and it puts those kids at risk. I get that kids might be stir crazy but take them to a state park to hike or something. Not to the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Absolutely. When we have been out hiking and need to stop to run in somewhere to get get someone either DH or I run in by ourselves. I took ds2 to an outdoor nursery (with a mask) to pick out a flower for his teacher but that is the only time any of our children has been in a store since March.

DH and I have both gone to the grocery store and to pick up food fairly evenly. We didn't designate one person. We haven't done any whole family shopping, but I don't really side-eye anyone who does. Last weekend, I ordered a deck box for curbside pickup at Home Depot. Then I decided to tag along with DH to pick up because we decided to look at some tomato plants and containers while there. That was the first time we had left DS, who's 10, at home alone for longer than a few minutes. But he was glued to Fortnite and has a phone. I don't think we would have made that decision a year ago. I also understand that some might think this isn't the time to chat about tomato plants and container gardens.

Today, I met up with two of my besties and it was wonderful. One has a large front porch. We ordered food from a local restaurant, walked down to get it and then ate on the front porch. We stayed an appropriate distance from each other and chatted and laughed for two hours plus. DS has gone to one outdoor basketball practice with his AAU team. Gyms are closed, so I suppose they will be outside for a while. We are also rejoining our pool. My two friends are also planning to rejoin theirs.

I know some people who are fairly strict, but in most cases there is someone who is very high-risk in the household.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 05-24-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

We are still staying pretty socially distant. I usually go to the store once a week and always mask and stay away from people. Kids haven't been a store for over 2 months. We were the strictest with our kids in the neighborhood - although seems in line with most BBB families. Last week, we started letting DSs take bike rides with friends or hang out in someone's driveway and talk. DH started going into the office again 2 weeks ago but it isn't opened yet and only 3 people are consistently coming in. He masks around others.

My parents are local and we see them about once a week. They came over here once for dinner but we all ate outside at separate tables and did BYOB. We saw them earlier today at the lake (we both have boats) and instead of rafting up together we just keep a rope and then make sure the boats don't hit.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH is the designated shopper. He grocery shops every 3 weeks. He’s made a few other store visits (Home Depot, local garden store) but those have been for mobile pick up. I did a mobile pick up at Dunkin for the first time the other day. We took the kids for ice dream yesterday and wore masks to order and then at our cones standing at our car. We’ve done take out pizza twice. We have not done anything social with anyone else. DHs parent drove to our driveway today and stood outside their car and talked to us (we were standing about 15ft away) for about 10mins. I haven’t run with my partner since the March shut down. I miss running with her but there’s now way to run together and be 6ft apart.

I’d love to start relaxing our standards a bit and we were just starting to think about having my parents, the ILs, or SIL and her husband over for BBQ and pool (not all at the same time) and then BIL got placed on mandatory quarantine because a coworker tested positive. So just when we started to get comfortable we were reminded that Covid is still very real and still circulating in our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast