SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RV 3-week cross-country trek...off the beaten path must-sees?

We scrapped our international travel plans, decided to rent an RV, and trek from NC, heading westbound. We will be away for 3 weeks, mid June through early July. Outside of the national parks, are there any off the beaten path must-see's that you all can recommend to see in the middle, on the way to the various national parks? Thank you
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you confirmed that you can get RV reservations near the parks? I know this is a weird year but I wouldn’t bank on availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Have you confirmed that you can get RV reservations near the parks? I know this is a weird year but I wouldn’t bank on availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Good point! The thought of planning the trek out like Clark Griswold is scary. We were so hoping to take our time. It’s not like WDW, where we’ll already be there for the reservations. We’ll check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Make reservations in advance for weekend days plus Fridays. Weekdays you can generally be looser. (If you're going to be gone July 4th weekend, make those reservations now!)

PS - if you're renting, make sure they teach you how to fill/empty your tanks. We've taught dozens of renters who were not even shown.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know how far west you intend to go, but our family had a great time at Golden Spike in Utah. It's where the railroads met to join east and west coast.

I seem to remember there was quite a bit in the area about Sacajewea and the Lewis and Clark expedition, as well.

Good luck and have fun!