Default Sandals for tween boys

I need to get DS1 some sandals. He’s almost 11 and prefers athletic wear. He has Nike slides, but I don’t want him running around in them, and he always complains about having to put on socks and sneakers. I used to buy him Keens when he was younger. Are they dorky for tweens? Or is there something else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS4 is 11 1/2 slides and a couple pairs of sanuk thong sandals is all he owns. I cant see even trying to get a pair of Keens on him now. He does wear slip on canvas vans. What about those? He doesn't wear sock and I toss them in the washer on occasion
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

DS is 10,5 and going to fifth grade. He has a classmate who wears Tevas a bit. Otherwise, I just really see slides and flip-flops. DS is happy To wear socks and sneakers in 100° heat. I have to make him grab either his slides or flip-flops.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Tevas or Chacos? We hike in ours half the time, they are very comfy.

I see lots of kids at that age and older wearing Keens.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just realized with no camps and no school, closed toes aren’t required. So, I asked ds2 if he wanted Keen’s or something else and he wants Keens.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

DS2 is 11 and he never wears his Keens for everyday use. He seems happy with socks and sneakers or slides. We keep Keens for our kids to be used as water shoes when we are hiking or on the boat. The kids like to swim or paddle to the shore and I don't want them barefoot. My point is to make sure your DS picks them out and thinks he will wear them. It seems to be a picky age, at least at our house!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ds1 is almost 11 and loves his Tevas, wears them most of the summer. We wore keens when he was little, and graduated to Tevas
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

OP here. I showed DS1 the options and he decided on keens. Thanks for all of the input.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)