doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Amazon deliveries

I ordered a package of fluff that was supposed to arrive between 5/18 - 5/23. 10pm 5/23 I get an update saying its delayed - will be here Th 5/28 fine. It was delivered yesterday.

Another package - was supposed to be here today. Then last night I get an update it was shipped and will be here on Wed. guess what was just delivered?

A package I sent to my mom came 6 days early.

2 day prime shipping has gone out the window. Fine I get it. Truly. But, could they just deliver when they say they're going to? Its not an issue so much for me but when I order stuff for my mom, I make sure its not going to be delivered on a day when she has dialysis so packages dont get stolen.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes to this! I don't care how long it takes, I care that it arrives when it says they're going to arrive!

Still waiting on two of the three deliveries of masks that I ordered in March, but an order made Saturday arrived today (Tuesday).

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

YES!!! I track my packages like a hawk. I've ordered so much stuff since March, I literally have a spread sheet about what was ordered, from who, and when will it arrive. Then once I get tracking info, I check it daily. UPS is so hit and miss with us, that I need to keep a close eye on things.

Most of my recent Amazon deliveries have finally straightened out, but there was a time it was taking nearly a month for deliveries (and usually my prime stuff arrives next day). Now the average is 4-7 days. Still not my 2 day prime, but that is understandable given the circumstances.

Anything coming by UPS has been crazy around here. Sometimes they arrive in town according to the tracking information, then sit somewhere for literally weeks before being delivered the last 5 miles.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

More nonsense: I ordered lipstick. Got delay delivery notices 2x. Thursday I get an email asking whether I still want it - they are having a shipping delay. New delivery day is Mon 6/8. I need to confirm I want it or cancel.

"If we don’t hear from you by Thursday, June 11, 2020, we will cancel the item. Otherwise, we will send it to you when we have a delivery date and it’s ready to ship. " I decide I probably dont need new lipstick given I'm going to be wearing masks whenever I go out...... Guess what just arrived?!?

ETA: BUT Wait! Despite the pop-up that said it was delivered...... Its not here. Just got an email that says delivery is between 6 & 9pm!

Better be the best freaking lipstick of all time!
    Last edited by doberbrat; 06-06-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    More nonsense: I ordered lipstick. Got delay delivery notices 2x. Thursday I get an email asking whether I still want it - they are having a shipping delay. New delivery day is Mon 6/8. I need to confirm I want it or cancel.

"If we don’t hear from you by Thursday, June 11, 2020, we will cancel the item. Otherwise, we will send it to you when we have a delivery date and it’s ready to ship. " I decide I probably dont need new lipstick given I'm going to be wearing masks whenever I go out...... Guess what just arrived?!?

ETA: BUT Wait! Despite the pop-up that said it was delivered...... Its not here. Just got an email that says delivery is between 6 & 9pm!

Better be the best freaking lipstick of all time!
    Oh my gosh. This is totally my amazon experience too.

If it comes I hope it is amazing. I'm not a huge lipstick wearer but I notice it makes a difference when participating in grainy zoom meetings, lol!