Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Testing is Worthless without Results!

My county has been bragging about how anyone can get a covid test. I have to say the process of getting a test was super easy, so I will give them that. However, the labs can’t keep up with the testing and there is a huge lag with the results. Myself and several co workers were exposed thanks to a co worker. We all were tested Thursday or Friday of last week. It is now Wednesday afternoon and none of us have gotten our results back yet. All three of us tested at different locations, so it can’t even be blamed on that. Thankfully we still all feel fine, but this is very frustrating. Part of the conditions of being able to open up rely on testing, but taking a week to get results really doesn’t meet that requirement.

So true. The entire response to the pandemic has been so piecemeal. I'm sorry you have to experience it firsthand. Glad you continue to feel well.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My family and I were tested on Friday; DH & DS got their results yesterday (negative) and I got mine today (negative).
    Make sure you haven't missed any phone calls that might have been the results!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Agreed. I've heard a lot of complaints around my area that people get tested and then just never hear anything back. So very frustrating! Sending you P&P for continued health!
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    My family and I were tested on Friday; DH & DS got their results yesterday (negative) and I got mine today (negative).
    Make sure you haven't missed any phone calls that might have been the results!
    They email the results here, but I always have my phone on me, as my students’ parents contact me at all hours of the day. I’ve not missed any calls yet.

That's ridiculous. I had heard reports of test results taking a week to come back, but that was a while ago. I would have thought things are better by now. Sorry you are dealing with this frustration! I hope you continue to do well and that you get your results soon.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

When one of DH’s co workers was tested (he’s a doctor who was exposed via his son), it took 10 days to get his results back.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is nuts. I got my test results back the next day. So I only missed two days of work. Thankfully, my husband was off those days so he didn’t have to miss work while waiting for my results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    That is nuts. I got my test results back the next day. So I only missed two days of work. Thankfully, my husband was off those days so he didn’t have to miss work while waiting for my results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never thought about having to miss work!! Thankfully we don’t have that issue since both DH and I are teachers and are working from home. My school is now closed for 2 weeks. If this is happening when less than 10 people are on campus at a time, what will happen if schools open in the fall? They will constantly be getting shut down for 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I never thought about having to miss work!! Thankfully we don’t have that issue since both DH and I are teachers and are working from home. My school is now closed for 2 weeks. If this is happening when less than 10 people are on campus at a time, what will happen if schools open in the fall? They will constantly be getting shut down for 2 weeks!
    My husbands partner (MD who sees cancer patients) went back to work right after he was tested. Yes, he wore an N95 mask. He didn’t have any symptoms but he was exposed and was required to be tested as a health care worker
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast