Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I never thought about having to miss work!! Thankfully we don’t have that issue since both DH and I are teachers and are working from home. My school is now closed for 2 weeks. If this is happening when less than 10 people are on campus at a time, what will happen if schools open in the fall? They will constantly be getting shut down for 2 weeks!
    What's the point of shutting down for 2 whole weeks? I've heard of grocery stores closing for a "deep cleaning" after an employee tests positive, but the most I've heard is for 24-48 hours. The Ralph's walking distance to my house had an employee die of Covid just 2 weeks ago and as far as I know the store never even shut down for a cleaning!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Parts of NY are now experiencing a 7-14, yes 14, day delay at the labs due to the NY mandate that nursing home residents and employees get tested twice weekly. The labs can’t keep up with that volume state wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    What's the point of shutting down for 2 whole weeks? I've heard of grocery stores closing for a "deep cleaning" after an employee tests positive, but the most I've heard is for 24-48 hours. The Ralph's walking distance to my house had an employee die of Covid just 2 weeks ago and as far as I know the store never even shut down for a cleaning!

My guess is it takes that long for the district to get someone there to deep clean it, because our regular custodial staff is not the one cleaning. Plus they probably want to make sure that if anyone else was exposed they stay away for the 14 days. I know one of the guidelines for reopening is that any class where there is a positive case, the entire class has to quarantine for 14 days. I’m pretty sure that is in the CDC guidelines for schools.

Just got my email with my test results and the test was negative, which is what I assumed! Big relief!!!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Just got my email with my test results and the test was negative, which is what I assumed! Big relief!!!
    Thank goodness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great news!!!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm glad the test was negative. phew.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow! What a relief! My mom was tested. She had a cough but had been seriously social distancing for weeks at this point. Still her PCP wanted her to take a test, just in case. They told her at the testing place that she'd have results in 24 hours. She was pleasantly surprised! But then it actually took closer to 6 days.... She might not have minded that quite so much if the promise hadn't been for a much earlier time period. Thankfully she was unsurprisingly negative as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Wow! What a relief! My mom was tested. She had a cough but had been seriously social distancing for weeks at this point. Still her PCP wanted her to take a test, just in case. They told her at the testing place that she'd have results in 24 hours. She was pleasantly surprised! But then it actually took closer to 6 days.... She might not have minded that quite so much if the promise hadn't been for a much earlier time period. Thankfully she was unsurprisingly negative as well!
    I'm glad your mom's test came back negative as well! At one point a couple of weeks ago I think they had it down to about 24 hours, but then they got backlogged again. I know they just added a testing site at Dodger's Stadium and they brag about it being the largest testing site in the country. That's great, but I'm sure that will just add to the delays in getting results.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I read an article yesterday that the machines that read the tests are the latest shortage in the supply chain after swabs and reagents and such were finally catching up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast