Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Looks like my kids will be figure skating by mid June. They can maintain social distancing on the ice and they're required to wear masks. They're allowing 16 students on the ice at a time. There's no hanging around, you have to enter the premises with skates on and ready to get on the ice.
    That sounds more responsible. I could handle that set up. Good ole South - half the people are still in denial here and that leaves us in the minority. Parents are so eager to get their girls back to training so they don't lose skills.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Looks like my kids will be figure skating by mid June. They can maintain social distancing on the ice and they're required to wear masks. They're allowing 16 students on the ice at a time. There's no hanging around, you have to enter the premises with skates on and ready to get on the ice.
    That is doable. I know a lot of the rinks are opening up here too. I'm sure those freestyle sessions will be nice with only 16 skaters! I'd worry about having to wear a mask especially when spinning, and what would be in the mask after the spin. Yuck!

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It really depends to me. My son is going to hockey practice. They have to limit the number so only half the team can go and parents can’t go in except to use the restrooms. I’m good with it. Personally I am totally fine with fencing class too. With his mask and gloves and the natural separation. If he didn’t have his own equipment I’d be buying some now. Gymnastics would probably make me nervous because they won’t clean after each. We have private hockey lessons at a synthetic ice place and personal training that can be cleaned between and have so few people and proper spacing and ppe that I’m good with it.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Also, most of the research is showing that very little transmission occurs from surfaces and heat helps decrease it's virulence if that helps.
    I was going to say this!

Our playgrounds are going to start opening back up next week and I will probably be taking our kids once they do.

I haven't heard yet from swimming or (indoor) soccer but I most likely will take them back when it reopens.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

DD2's ballet studio is allowed to open up on June 1st, and they are planning to do some summer classes in June. DD2 will likely go, though we are waiting to hear details. Our county hasn't had any new cases in the last 6 weeks, and after hearing from the studio owner what precautions they will be taking, I feel comfortable with it. Last year DD2's summer ballet class had 3 students other than her, which makes social distancing super simple. No other classes were even in the building at the time. DD2 is supposed to be moving up to the next level this fall, which will have her dancing 3x/week - who knows what fall will bring! She'd like to dance while she safely can.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4