Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default TMI Why are my breasts driving me crazy?

I just finished my period last week and for a couple weeks my breast have just felt more sore and sensitive than usual. This is not something I’ve had before with my period (to this extent). It almost reminds me of early pregnancy: twing-y, sort of easily hardeninf, must wear a bra, feeling of fullness. I guess hormonal but is there something else I should check into? Ask doc? Is this an early menopausal thing because my mom started around this age (I’m only 37)?

ironically, I think this is something that I would have been too busy to notice before COVID but I’m hyper focused on everything and bored enough to be bothered.

also wonder if it could be tied to my back alignment. Before COVID I went to chiro 2 times a week but I’ve only gone a couple times since and it’s been 2.5 weeks.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Could you be pregnant?
    DS 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Could you be pregnant?
    I’m sure I’m not because I just had a normal period.

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Could you be pregnant?
    That was my first thought.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I’m sure I’m not because I just had a normal period.
    I would take a test just to be sure. I had a normal period the month before I got pregnant with Dd1. It was my first month off birth control. I had told the doctor when my last period had started and they gave me a due date but as time went on and I had my first or second appointment Dd1 was actually measuring older (late June instead of mid July) and I had my period the second week of July. Dd1 ended up being a little early at 37 weeks 6 days, but she wasn’t underweight or anything so I wonder if I did get pregnant and have a normal period afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I posted about a very similar thing a year or 2 ago. It just stopped one day. Never came back. I did take a pg test. I’ve since had a mammogram. Everything totally normal. Try not to stress. Probably nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you drink a lot of caffeine? Caffeine is the first thing they tell women to cut back on who have painful tender breasts, usually from fibrocystic breasts. Chocolate too!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am 39 and have noticed similar issues in the last 6 month. I think I may be starting peri-menopause or early menopause or have some hormonal issue. My periods have been wonky and my pms symptoms are more severe in the last year or two. I've started forgetting things. I don't get the breast symptoms each month but I have noticed them a lot more. I have my yearly in a few months and am planning on asking then, as I don't think it's anything super serious. I had a mammogram in March right before Covid started and all was fine with that, so I'm comfortable waiting. If it would ease your anxiety it couldn't hurt to send your doctor a note if you have that option through a portal.

I don’t have answers, but I am in the same boat. I brought it up to my obgyn and she didn’t say much other than it sounds like my body is definitely going through some hormonal shifting. It’s been about 1.5 years since I’ve nursed and I’m having weird boob sensations that I’ve only felt while breastfeeding. I may inquire about a mammogram soon.

Thanks guys. I think more than anything this is an example of how my anxiety is zeroing in on a minor discomfort and magnifying it in my brain. My anxiety has always been this way and I am just struggling without a lot of my normal coping mechanisms. The worst part is feeling like I cannot trust my instincts and that my logic and my reactions to everything are constantly at odds. I’m really thinking it’s time to go back on anti-anxiety meds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast