Default end of school year gifts for teachers?

Anyone have anything they are doing? I know they've been working really hard/pretty discouraged themselves and I'd like to do something. If i had my act more together I would have tried to do a class gift but I've never organized that and I'm a little nervous about starting this late/don't really know the other parents, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

kristenk is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are you doing this remotely? Or are you able to see people to deliver gifts/coordinate?

Our school district did an "adopt a teacher" for teacher appreciation week last month. Each participating teacher filled out a list of favorites and people adopted them through a facebook group. Teachers could be adopted up to 2 times.

The teacher that I adopted was also adopted again. I delivered my purchases to the other person and she put them together. The basket included snacks, custom decorated cookies, a shirt, a candle, and several gift cards to restaurants or stores.

There were a couple of teachers that I wanted to do something for, but they hadn't filled out the form or wanted to be in the group. Given that school was virtual, I went with texting a Starbucks gift card to each of them.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wish our school had done the adopt a teacher thing! Sometimes I regret handing over the staff appreciation reigns because I might have come up with that. No time now.
    The parent group is organizing a $ collection (through PayPal). The $ will be pooled and divvied up to buy gift cards to local businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Aww, the "adopt a teacher" idea is a lovely one.. There's a little drive through tomorrow to return chromebooks/pick up anything left in the room/say goodbye in person. So we will see them. School's not technically over til next Thursday so ... there is some time still to pull something together, although it's less clear to me how we get it to them after tomorrow.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Venmo or PP was organized for or K and 3rd teachers.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

kristenk is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are there any local restaurants or stores that you could get gift cards to? It could help the business as well as the teacher.

Our adopted teacher lives *somewhere* in the area, but not in our town. I know that she has a decent drive to get in to work. So the local-to-me restaurant/store concept wouldn't work in her situation.

Given the time frame and everything else going on, I'd go with a gift card. I'd probably even go with a gift card that had a sleeve for it and call it a day. Some people are more concerned with wiping everything down than others and all of the cutesy stuff is just more potentially contaminated surface area!

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wanted to go with gift cards to a local restaurant that provides 1:1 meals for the hungry, but we were limited in funds. I did handwritten notes and fancy chocolate bars.
    K

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I sent a Barnes and Noble gift card to DD2's teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. Not sure that I'm going to do anything for the other teachers this year. Normally, I'd send a small gift card for Subway or Chick Fil A for the middle school teachers. It's just harder to get it to them. I worry about doing the email ones for fear they'd delete them thinking they were spam.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Besides the typical gifts, is it possible to make a video for them? VidHug makes it really easy. I think with everything that has happened it would be especially appreciated to have videos of the kids.