Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    That’s encouraging. We are in phase one, lap swimming only, one swimmer per lane. I’m interested in the sprayer for furniture.
    Not much details provided on the sprayer. They also said no chairs or tables can be moved, playground will be closed, and baby pool closed. The latter was part of the governor’s order.

My kids are unhappy with having to plan in advance and no guests, but being able to use the pool for three hours a day is more than I expected at this point. I expect that by July, there will be further loosening.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our neighborhood pool opens Monday. Three hour blocks, limited capacity, 1 hr break for cleaning between blocks. Residents only, water slide closed, no moving chairs, no bringing toys or floats. Everyone has to sign a waiver.

I am glad the pool is opening. The only thing I’m concerned about is that they aren’t doing reservations, it is first come first served until capacity is reached. I really don’t want to go through all the trouble of getting dressed and dragging our stuff there just to have to turn around and go home because it’s full. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I imagine. Thankfully as my kids are getting older they need less stuff. And we can’t bring toys or floats anyway. The earliest slot will probably be the least full, so we may shoot for that, especially at the beginning.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Our county says all pools are closed indefinitely. I'm sure that will mean for the entire summer at this point.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    Our neighborhood pool opens Monday. Three hour blocks, limited capacity, 1 hr break for cleaning between blocks. Residents only, water slide closed, no moving chairs, no bringing toys or floats. Everyone has to sign a waiver.

I am glad the pool is opening. The only thing I’m concerned about is that they aren’t doing reservations, it is first come first served until capacity is reached. I really don’t want to go through all the trouble of getting dressed and dragging our stuff there just to have to turn around and go home because it’s full. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I imagine. Thankfully as my kids are getting older they need less stuff. And we can’t bring toys or floats anyway. The earliest slot will probably be the least full, so we may shoot for that, especially at the beginning.
    No pool toys or floats seems really dumb. I can't wrap my head around how they think that matters at all?
    Our subdivision is whining about not wanting to have reservations. I totally agree with you and wish they would have them but at least we badgered our hoa into opening the pool at all which they were trying to avoid even doing. We may just pay to go to the city pool that has opened water slides and reservations (and allows toys as far as I have seen...) , then once our time is up see if there are openings at our subdivision pool while we are already ready...
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Our pool has also asked people not bring oversized floats at the beginning. I'm not sure why, but it's one of the things listed under "Evaluated weekly."

I'm not sure if our city pools will open. They have chosen to remain closed through Phase 2. On top of the 50% capacity issue, there are just a lot of things that private pools can probably manage easier, such as keeping members informed about all the changes. Phase 2 doesn't end until June 22 or so. I have a hard time thinking the city will open the pools for eight weeks. They have already announced the splash grounds will be closed the entire summer.

ETA: Our city pools also don't allow toys, floats, poodle noodles, etc. Just puddle jumpers and arm bands for little ones.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 05-29-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the toys and floats may just make it harder to encourage social distancing. I don’t think there is any thought of transmission with those, just more things to take up space and be things that kids would try to do together or run after or whatever. I will certainly be glad not to be whacked in the head with a ball or float. Our pool gets a bit rowdy with that stuff sometimes.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ha, that's great. I don't know if our town pool is opening yet. It's always a short short season (ends mid-August when lifeguards go back to college, I guess).

They never allowed toys/floats/puddle jumpers/etc in the first place.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    I think the toys and floats may just make it harder to encourage social distancing. I don’t think there is any thought of transmission with those, just more things to take up space and be things that kids would try to do together or run after or whatever. I will certainly be glad not to be whacked in the head with a ball or float. Our pool gets a bit rowdy with that stuff sometimes.
    Thank you. That does make sense.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Lucky! We are still waiting to hear if we have swim team but a bunch of neighboring pools are opening next week

It will be difficult to control kids unless you have a few at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2