Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Our Swim Club is opening!

I thought we would have to wait longer for this, Governor Hogan allowed swim clubs to open at 25 percent capacity, with certain safety precautions. Our club is very small so only 50 people allowed at a time for three hours at a time, by reservation, one reservation per family per day, can be for group of up to 6 but no guests. Pool hours have been extended. Between every two hour reservation, there is a half hour of cleaning. They purchased some time of sprayer disinfectant machine for chairs. Front desk staff wear masks, lifeguards do not.

Just happy to have access to a pool at this point.

That sounds pretty reasonable. Ours is still working out details for opening but I hope it goes like this. It would be nice to have that option on long, hot summer days.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That sounds almost exactly like what ours is planning but only 2 hour blocks. Reservations are for your family only, not other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our neighborhood pool is opening but we haven't gotten the details yet! I imagine there will be a limited amount of people and there was talk of bringing your own chairs so they don't have to worry about wiping them down. I can't wait! The kids will be so excited!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So jealous, we belong to a small pool, privately owned and it's never crowded, and am so sad they aren't opening this summer. DD had hoped to get in the pool to help prepare for her Senior season of swim team at High School. There is a push to allow swim teams to rent the high school pools, as they could easily practice social distancing, and even possibly just use the pool and not the locker rooms/bathrooms.

I’m wondering whether our pool club will adopt your measures. I think it is doable for ours as it’s small with limited membership only. Also no new membership can join this summer, is what I heard. If our pool opens, it’s only to existing members. I hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Lucky!!! I am jealous. Sounds like a reasonable plan.

Our subdivision is in an uproar because the HOA board waited until yesterday to say they "had new information to discuss"..before opening the pool this season. (The pool committee had no idea about this and were planning to open on time last weekend.) The new information turns out to be that "our HOA's insurance policy doesn't cover communicable diseases"...no kidding. Now they are trying to scare people into not opening it under the risk that they could get sued, even though 90% of the subdivision wants it opened like, yesterday. (Every other pool around us has opened.) So now they are having an in person meeting in an auditiorium next week to discuss further. (Hello high risk places, such freaking idiots...) We will be at the beach but I don't expect it to go well because the president of our HOA is a crazy not-nice-person and holy cow, apparently the risk isn't so great that they can't have an in person meeting indoors?! It's nuts. We will most likely have to use the city pools this summer which unfortunately are only doing 1.5 hr blocks (I think 2 hrs would be better but oh well..) Also I'm apparently now spending my summer recruiting people to remove crazy ass lady from being on the HOA board (this isn't the first huge issue there has been, and she's supposed to be on the board until 2022 unless we remove her.) OH, and even though our pool probably isn't opening which is like 80% of the subdivision expenses, they also already stated that the dues would not be refunded or reduced in the future, they are just going to keep our money...so, lots of drama. No pool so far and it isn't looking promising.

Our pool opens this weekend. A lot of the private pools opened for Memorial Day and put in place two-hour reservation blocks. With 50% capacity, we can have around 150 on the pool deck and 50 in the water. Outside of the holidays, our pool rarely approaches that at one time, so they are trying something different. Your check-in time will be noted in the office. If all of a sudden there's a big rush, people who have already been there three or four hours will be asked to leave. Based on the numbers last year, there should not be a problem, but they will revisit a reservation system if needed. Another local pool decided to remain closed for the summer, so I know some of those folks have signed up for ours. I hope things don't get crazy.

We also will need to bring our own chairs, which will reduce some of the cleaning needs. Also, no snack bar, no clubhouse games and no guests initially.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ours is similar... 3 sessions of 2 hours each and 2 lap swimming sessions. 1 hour cleaning time in between each session. We are at 50% capacity though. We went last weekend and it worked well. Right now you have to have a reservation- no walk ins. I expect that may change after school is out. Our pool attendance usually drops off a lot then as people have summer homes to go to.

Biggest issue is coordinating with friends to reserve at same time. My kids only want to go with friends there. Also our pool has a great water slide and that is not open.

No guests but snack bar is open. No pool toys. You can bring own chairs but we have not been. They clean them all between sessions and have the grouped for social distancing.

That’s encouraging. We are in phase one, lap swimming only, one swimmer per lane. I’m interested in the sprayer for furniture.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast