Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default 5th grade graduation ideas?

I want to get my dd something for graduating elementary school but keep coming up blank on ideas. What did you do? I’m not thinking anything big, just something to make it a little different from the other years. She has 2 younger sisters in school too, so we will do something like ice cream on the last day of school for all of them.

This is especially hard bc we’re completely quarantining for awhile still so it can’t be anything where I take her anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I gave my 5th grader money for his college savings fund and we had cake and ice cream in the backyard. Simple but he loved it and said it was like a second birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also have a 5th grader graduating. He is getting a new, larger desk and a new computer for middle school.

DS2 is graduating from 5th grade this year. DH had someone he works with design a yard sign we will put up for pictures (also got one or DS1 since he's graduating from 8th) and have a celebration in our yard with dinner and ice cream. I haven't planned anything else but DS2 doesn't have a phone so we may get him one.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS2 is culminating from 5th grade as well. We don't really have any plans besides letting him pick the restaurant for dinner and dessert (take out). It was also his birthday last weekend.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nothing planned yet for my 5th grader, so following this thread.... We had promised him a phone for middle school, but since we most likely won’t be back in the fall I plan to hold off on that. (He has an iPad and PS4 that he uses at home to communicate with friends).

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Nothing planned yet for my 5th grader, so following this thread.... We had promised him a phone for middle school, but since we most likely won’t be back in the fall I plan to hold off on that. (He has an iPad and PS4 that he uses at home to communicate with friends).
    We also promised DS1 a phone this summer to use in middle school. He still thinks he’s getting one. Um, he never leaves the house, so no need anymore.

I guess I’m a bad mom for not even thinking of doing anything special for graduating 5th grade. I didn’t do anything (that I remember) for DD. His birthday is also this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We got our girls Chick-Fil-A for dinner (this was a big deal since the one close to us had been closed for renovation, then reopened in the wake of COVID-19), and I colored their black asian hair with wild colors (which required bleaching, so it was a big deal).

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We also promised DS1 a phone this summer to use in middle school. He still thinks he’s getting one. Um, he never leaves the house, so no need anymore.

I guess I’m a bad mom for not even thinking of doing anything special for graduating 5th grade. I didn’t do anything (that I remember) for DD. His birthday is also this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I didn’t think about it either! I’m in the bad mom group with you.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    You're not a bad mom! It's not like they're graduating from high school! The norm for families out here is to just go to dinner with family and friends after culmination. That's what we did for DS1's 5th grade culmination-- dinner afterwards with our immediate family and my mom to DS1's favorite restaurant. I didn't buy any gifts for DS1 when he culminated (no phone) and don't plan on buying any gifts for DS2 (and definitely no phone any time soon).
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast