Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    If there's only 30 minutes from drop off to the bus, could you shift your work hours to get your child on the bus? Or perhaps a neighbor with a similar age child child could take them for that short time? I know I would do it for a lot less than $25 a day!
    I teach, so once my classes are assigned I cannot change my work timing at all. When I teach at 9:30 I can comfortably put him on the bus and get to work on time for my first class, but when I teach at 9:00 like I do this fall it's just a little bit too tight with finding a parking spot, walking to the building my class is in, etc. Last year DH's work schedule was really flexible most of the time and he was able to put him on the bus 90+ percent of the time, but his has gotten less flexible this year too. They also used to let me leave him at the daycare office without charging me occasionally (he's gone there since he was 6 months old, and his little sister is still there full time) if I only needed him to be there for 5-10 minutes, though I'm positive that won't be happening again for a long time. I suspect the drop off and pick up timing will relax by September so for now I'm crossing my fingers and waiting. There's also a good chance that his school schedule will change somewhat this year. So when I have all of the information I'll figure something out.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Update in OP.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Update in OP.
    That's a great update and hopefully a huge stress relief! I'm glad your university is being so flexible with employees.
    Lizi

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Perfect! What a relief!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is a great update!!!

I think half of my stress at this point is the uncertainty of the fall. With kids at 2 different schools and my husband and I teaching at 2 other schools, it’s going to be a scheduling nightmare if my district does a hybrid schedule with crazy hours.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

phew! I'm so glad to hear this.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    That is a great update!!!

I think half of my stress at this point is the uncertainty of the fall. With kids at 2 different schools and my husband and I teaching at 2 other schools, it’s going to be a scheduling nightmare if my district does a hybrid schedule with crazy hours.
    Agreed, so much of my stress was about uncertainty of everything. This makes me feel more in control of my own situation, and more able to deal with the parts that are still unknowns.

I would generally prefer to teach at least some parts in person (though I always teach online for summers and love it), but it is better to know now and plan solid online classes than to try to throw something together at the last minute, knowing it is likely to get interrupted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our college is having the same policy for the fall. Any faculty who chooses to do so can be remote. That makes life so much easier around school times. I had 4 8am classes for the fall, that would have a nightmare with the undetermined school schedule.

I am going to do all my lectures online and try to do in person labs if it is feasible with the room capacity limits.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2