Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I take Lexapro, which is the active enantiomer (portion) of Celexa and am very happy with it. I have taken it (except during pregnancy) for about 20 years, and really notice if I don't take it.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Avoid effexor at all costs, it is very very difficult to wean off and can cause a lot of weight gain. I went on it during my divorce, had to deal with infidelity and bankruptcy, xh who was gambling, it helped me, although I was almost like a robot. When I made it through and was ready to come off it was a long process. I was on the lowest dose (37.5) but doing one every other day as directed was not at all possible. I learned of a method to open the capsule, take out about 4 beads, take for a few days, then take more out. It took 6 weeks to finally get off the medication and others have reported the same. Once I was off the meds, I also lost 40 lbs in 3 months, didn't change much other than the meds and decreasing some foods but no excersise..

It's a serious drug so be careful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mom2binsd; 05-29-2020 at 07:07 PM.

I was in Zoloft for almost 20 year before I felt the need to switch. Now I take Lexapro. Both were very good. Both of my kids take Zoloft. You can certainly go to your GP or even your OB/Gyn to start. I highly recommend being evaluated and managed by a psychiatrist in the beginning. You can start the meds on the order of a GP and make an appointment with a psychiatrist—because it will be at least 2 months to get an appointment
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I would consider Zoloft.

Also, ask your doctor about doing a genetic test since you seem to have difficulty with medication. There is a test that will look at your specific genetic makeup and can assess which meds will work for you and which ones to avoid.

The psychiatric nurse practitioner in my office provides those and clients found them very helpful.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another team Zoloft. I did even better when I added a magnesium supplement (with Dr approval) and a daily hour outdoors.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I would consider Zoloft.

Also, ask your doctor about doing a genetic test since you seem to have difficulty with medication. There is a test that will look at your specific genetic makeup and can assess which meds will work for you and which ones to avoid.

The psychiatric nurse practitioner in my office provides those and clients found them very helpful.
    Another friend just told me about this and my doc said she will order it. That sounds really helpful.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My daughter started on Zoloft and it was immediately great. Then the results faded and increasing dosages didn’t bring the effect back. She’s now on venlafaxine (Effexor) on a medium dose. It’s not perfect but it certainly helps a lot. But she is still a 15 year old girl.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I take Lexapro. I have taken Zoloft while breastfeeding and while pregnant. I do feel like it's hard for me to lose weight on Zoloft though.

My only issue with Lexapro is sexual side effects. I tried pairing it with Wellbutrin several times but no matter how low the dose I couldn't sleep. Not worth it.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Have you ever tried tapping? EFT? I find that is very helpful and diet has changed my world. Getting rid of synthetic vitamins and enriched foods has been a game changer.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I started out on Lexapro but now I’m on Effexor. No side effects that I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast