Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Have you ever tried tapping? EFT? I find that is very helpful and diet has changed my world. Getting rid of synthetic vitamins and enriched foods has been a game changer.
    I like tapping but it hasn’t been a game changer like I hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    I take Lexapro. I have taken Zoloft while breastfeeding and while pregnant. I do feel like it's hard for me to lose weight on Zoloft though.

My only issue with Lexapro is sexual side effects. I tried pairing it with Wellbutrin several times but no matter how low the dose I couldn't sleep. Not worth it.
    I did have sexual side effects from one I tried and I actually do think it was Lexapro now that you mention it. Really frustrating.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was on Zoloft for depression when I had a period of extreme anxiety due to very stressful divorce. I ended up switching to Paxil first, and then my doc put me on Lexapro, which I thinks works well. I also found Ativan helpful during panic attack or if you feel one coming on, but haven't needed it in years.
    DS 6/09

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First, kudos for you for monitoring yourself during this difficult time. Several PP have recommended Zoloft, which I would second. I would ask if any of your fist degree relatives have been treated for anxiety or depression. Ask then what they took, if so. Research suggests that a drug is more likely to work if it worked for a close relative.

Remember, whatever you decide it will take up to 6 weeks to have a noticeable effect. In my experience people who finally go, ok, time for drugs have probably been putting it off for a while. So take a moment to reflect his strong you are for getting to this point.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    First, kudos for you for monitoring yourself during this difficult time. Several PP have recommended Zoloft, which I would second. I would ask if any of your fist degree relatives have been treated for anxiety or depression. Ask then what they took, if so. Research suggests that a drug is more likely to work if it worked for a close relative.
    This is such great advice. I read it here before about 5 years ago. When we decided to put Ds3 on antidepressants our doctor recommended Zoloft or Wellbutrin. But both Ds3’s grandmother and aunt had excellent experiences with Prozac so we tried that first. It’s been WONDERFUL for Ds3. He’s been on it for close to 5 years now.

Op, I hope you can find one that makes a difference for you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    This is such great advice. I read it here before about 5 years ago. When we decided to put Ds3 on antidepressants our doctor recommended Zoloft or Wellbutrin. But both Ds3’s grandmother and aunt had excellent experiences with Prozac so we tried that first. It’s been WONDERFUL for Ds3. He’s been on it for close to 5 years now.

Op, I hope you can find one that makes a difference for you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks guys. I have Zoloft. Nervous to start. Big surprise. Shouldn’t have read the side effects. 😂

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Thanks guys. I have Zoloft. Nervous to start. Big surprise. Shouldn’t have read the side effects. ��
    I hear you! My bottle sat untouched for awhile before I took that first pill.....but just remember, in a short time you're likely to be sitting here saying "omg, why didn't I do this months ago???" because you'll be feeling much better.
    Lizi

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Thanks guys. I have Zoloft. Nervous to start. Big surprise. Shouldn’t have read the side effects. 😂
    I hear you! My bottle sat untouched for awhile before I took that first pill.....but just remember, in a short time you're likely to be sitting here saying "omg, why didn't I do this months ago???" because you'll be feeling much better.
    Lizi

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Don't forget to track your symptoms. It's very common to have to adjust your dosage (or even which medication!) before you find the right fit. I actually did better when we switched the time of day I took the medicine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast