Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I have been out of work for some time now. Because I applied for a job with the local school district, my "automatic job matcher" from the unemployment office is now sending me all of these weird nanny/babysitting jobs, including...

Parents have four kids, 5yo, 4 yo, and 14month twins. They want a person 6am-6pm weekdays with occasional 4 hours on Saturday for $250 a week. They are complaining in the ad that that it's been posted for a month with no replies.

Does anyone else see a problem here???? Or is it just me?
    Your unemployment office sent that offer over to you? Could there be a typo? I know 14 year olds who would insist on more money than that to babysit. And I wouldn't leave 14mo twins with a 14yo!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They are bat s*** crazy and honestly it scares me when people are looking for childcare that way....you get what you pay for and it's YOUR CHILDREN. What in the world.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would bet that they think with unemployment as high as it is that they are rescuing some poor soul and doing someone a favor to give them 12,500 a year. The lack of reality in the world has hit a peak.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2