Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Talk me out of buying a couch?

As I posted here our living room floor was soaked when we had a plumbing issue this past weekend. This week we’re borrowing our neighbors Kirby to deep clean the carpet. We’ve removed every single thing from our living room. And carrying out my couch just made about hurl!

For some time now, our couch has felt dingy. We’ve had it for 17 years and the last 8 or so has had some pretty messy, rough playing kids on it. We had some tough years and we were just scraping by in many ways with scarcities in money, time, and even sanity. It’s had kids pee on it while being potty trained (followed by thorough scrubbing), kids feet have been all over it, it’s been the site of many a roughhousing battle. The cushions are stretched out. The staining is shockingly minimal but the arms have lost their shape, and now there’s a hole in the back cushion.

We have enough to buy a new couch with cash. But we’re saving and paying down loans. Then on top of that, we aren’t having guests (social distancing), but we are living every minute in that living room.

I don’t want a precious really NICE couch. For awhile I was comfortable with a couch that could make my friends with rough toddlers feel at home. But the holes in the couch are making me feel icky. And with everything else clean, im itching to get something new. Or just newER.

For reference, this is the only couch or sitting place in our house. Otherwise we just have beds and a dining area!

WWYD?

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I’m okay with a couch for about 7-8 years. So yeah, I think you’re overdue. We’ve done ikea for the past few and been happy enough. I got one before that at a room-to-go clearance center. You deserve a new one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Get the dang couch. You've definitely gotten use out of your current one, you'll definitely appreciate a new one and you'll be home staring at it all summer.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Get a new couch! You're definitely overdue for one!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We haven’t bought a couch since 2006 and we need a new one (we are waiting until we move). I would buy a couch now. Are you comfortable buying one online? I would want to sit in the couch to try it out, but if that isn’t a concern of yours I would just order one.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What kind/brand of couch lasted you that long??

You've earned a new couch! It's something your family uses daily and you won't regret it. Every time we do an improvement or get a new vital piece of furniture, we always comment something along the lines of why didn't we do it sooner!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

BDKmom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

New couch! New couch! New couch!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Definitely get a new couch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do it! Do it! (lol -- I was only going to say that once, but it wasn't enough characters to post, so I had to double up....)
    Lizi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast