Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Gracemom View Post
    I could have written your post exactly. We bought an l shaped tan chenille sectional 17 years ago and it fits our room perfectly. I've loved it but has 2 large holes due to kids and dogs. I thought about reupholstering it but it's cheaper to buy new. We looked at what Costco had last year but did not find the back tall enough for my dh and teens. Ashley furniture has one I'm looking at but I'm waiting to try it in person. https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/p/ba...-80703-R3.html
    I also could have written your post, right down to a tan sectional except my doesn't have any holes (it's a lazy boy and has held up remarkably well). We've been meaning to replace our couch for a couple of years but I can never decide on one to buy!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Update? We are excited to know what you decide/decided to get!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hey! Checking in here...

I'm leaning hard towards buying the KIVIK cough from IKEA. The "5 seat" sectional should fit perfectly. I'm wondering about COLOR and fabric durability.

I actually like the Hillared Beige but there is another fabric too--Tallmyra Beige? Anyone have any experience with these fabrics or know where I might find more information?

I worry a bit about getting a cough that light colored. The only darker color I like is the Hillared Dark Blue. This is very much A COLOR. Would it even be that much better about repelling stains? I worry that if I keep this another 17 years I might get REAL sick of the color. Would love to hear some experience about color selection.

Again, for reference, my kids are older and we don't eat on the couch. We don't have dogs or indoor cats. BUT while I'm working really hard with them, my kids aren't great about keeping feet off the couch. There is the occasional jumping sometimes... and I would love to really not have to worry if I have friends with toddlers come over that are a bit rough.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Navy is a neutral, IMO. It’s easily accessorized and can go in many directions. Says the person who own a blue couch.
    I would be reluctant to buy an IKEA couch as your main couch though. Check out the sectional posted on the sectional wedge thread. I think it will be a better long term investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Navy is a neutral, IMO. It’s easily accessorized and can go in many directions. Says the person who own a blue couch.
    I would be reluctant to buy an IKEA couch as your main couch though. Check out the sectional posted on the sectional wedge thread. I think it will be a better long term investment.

I've been following that one. I see the sectionals posted by other posters and they're quite similar to what I have now. BUT because of the corner wedge, they won't fit in my space! I appreciate the POV expressed in this thread that if we keep the IKEA sectional for several years and it starts to wear that people are often in the market for used IKEA pieces because of their recognition and I can attest that this is true. I also like the idea of easy access to replacement cushions and parts.

I'm not opposed to getting a different set. I just kind of feel (based on reading reviews, etc.) of various couches that for the price, the IKEA offers the look and size we need with at least as much positive fanfare as many other similarly priced sets.

Oh, and it is more turquoise than navy. Of course, seeing it in person might affect my choice! I understand IKEA has opened up now but it is still quite a drive and getting a sectional home could be complicated, I imagine! But I appreciate your input! I imagine your navy couch has held up well to wear and stains?

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you tried it out, sat on the fabric with bare legs? I liked the anthracite color as well, a little darker but still neutral. I would never buy a piece of furniture without trying it out first. They are open now in CA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh, and it is more turquoise than navy. Of course, seeing it in person might affect my choice! I understand IKEA has opened up now but it is still quite a drive and getting a sectional home could be complicated, I imagine! But I appreciate your input! I imagine your navy couch has held up well to wear and stains?
    It looks navy to me. Or at least a neutral. It does well with stains but it has some texture and flecks of other colors so that helps too.
    I’ve never sat on an IKEA couch that I’ve really liked. On our last ikea trip, we decided it was our last ikea trip because it doesn’t fit our needs anymore so I’m biased!

It looks navy to me. Or at least a neutral. It does well with stains but it has some texture and flecks of other colors so that helps too.
    I’ve never sat on an IKEA couch that I’ve really liked. On our last ikea trip, we decided it was our last ikea trip because it doesn’t fit our needs anymore so I’m biased!

Lol, that could be! I LOVE IKEA so I have bias as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Lol, that could be! I LOVE IKEA so I have bias as well.
    I want to love IKEA! It was sad when I walked through and discovered it just wasn’t “me” anymore. I’ll go back for meatballs though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast