Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I completely agree! Masks are required in my area, and most seem to be complying.

My 8 yr old thinks wearing a mask is cool. Of course it makes him think he is a ninja, and that presents a whole different set of problems, but at least he willingly wears a mask. lol

Default My last post re: masks

I 100% agree with you, dogmom. I think it's incredibly selfish to willfully choose not to wear a mask.
    Last edited by wencit; 05-31-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default My last post re: masks

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    T

DH wears his N95 mask all day at work (plus a face shield). He takes it off when he goes into his office (no one else is allowed in). The first few weeks he had a wound on his nose from the weight of the mask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’m lucky. I only have to wear my N95 with face shield when I’m doing a physical (about 20 minutes at a stretch). The rest of the time I get to wear the infinitely more comfortable surgical mask with my face shield. My husband also has to wear a face mask while he is at work. But you know what? We do it. And we do it when we go to the stores and we make our kids wear them because it is the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I completely agree. DH and DD are on the same page and we all have masks (that we all also know how to wear and remove correctly, which also seems to be a huge issue).

Is it just me, working from home for months is it more uncomfortable to put on a bra than a mask? And DD says putting in panty hose should be an Olympic sport, and she is a mask proponent I know her opinion on what's uncomfortable and what's not.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Please remember that there are those who cannot wear masks for whatever reasons. I was running a quick errand yesterday in a "mask required" state and there was a woman and child (may 4 years old) looking at toys outside without masks. My first thought was to be angry, but then I remember those who cannot.

Especially now, we all need to have just a little more compassion for those around us.

Please wear masks and wash your hands, but not everyone can. For example, I am allergic to hand sanitizer so I wear gloves at the grocery store. It's what I do...

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I totally agree OP, 100%.

This time of Covid will pass and eventually we won't all have to wear masks, but in the meantime it's a small annoyance we can deal with. My kids understand why we all wear masks. I try to find them neutral masks/bandanas/buffs to wear and feel comfortable with the style and fit. But sometimes all they can find at home is the flower print mask their auntie made..and they wear it without complaint. Same goes for my husband (his sister and aunt made some particularly bright floral print masks for us- the only fabric they had lol). Protect yourself, protect others and let's get through this together.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Please remember that there are those who cannot wear masks for whatever reasons. I was running a quick errand yesterday in a "mask required" state and there was a woman and child (may 4 years old) looking at toys outside without masks. My first thought was to be angry, but then I remember those who cannot.

Especially now, we all need to have just a little more compassion for those around us.

Please wear masks and wash your hands, but not everyone can. For example, I am allergic to hand sanitizer so I wear gloves at the grocery store. It's what I do...

Oh, I agree. When I see someone without a mask etc, my first reaction isn't to get angry...honestly, my first reaction is worry for them. It's when I see large groups of people together without protective gear or see the intense protesters on TV, that makes me anxious.

Completely agree. I went to fill a growler at our neighborhood brewery yesterday and I was literally the ONLY person there wearing a mask. Full patio, no masks. I’m in Texas, and unfortunately we do not have an enforceable mandate, therefore, we are either masking up or staying home.

Completely agree. I went to fill a growler at our neighborhood brewery yesterday and I was literally the ONLY person there wearing a mask. Full patio, no masks. I’m in Texas, and unfortunately we do not have an enforceable mandate, therefore, we are either masking up or staying home.

You know, I know your post isn't political, but I just want chime in and say that I have always been very conservative in all my views across the board, but I 100% agree with your post. I know you and I tend to have very different political leanings, but I completely disagree with most conservatives/Republicans on this issue and cannot understand why they would protest this. This is about trying to save lives and protect others and by protecting others, keeping as many people safe and healthy as possible. Who can possibly disagree with that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast