jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you have a pool, what are your plans for friends and summer?

Will you be having small groups of friends over? Will you follow local guidelines? So if your local club pools are open will you then allow friends over to your pool? How will you clean between friends? If you are planning to have guests, will it only be the same guests? Will you invite friends that are no longer social distancing? Thanks!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’ve posted this a couple times already so forgive me if this is repetitive. Our town has had til present 53 COVID19 cases and no deaths. Maybe that’s making me a little too confident, I dunno. But our family- kids included- decided that this fall, we are remote learning. We will essentially be quarantining again. The kids know they won’t see their friends and are already upset about it. SO, with local cases down we are doing our usual summer pool parties.

We have invited the same 5 families to come to our house anywhere from 1pm to 4:30pm on Fridays to swim. Normally it’s just a big kid free-for-all with some kids and moms on the pool deck hanging out and some kids in our basement playing video games but we’ve changed it for this summer. Usually I open the house from 11am-4pm. Usually I supply snacks and pool towels but this year each family needs to bring their own cooler of snacks and pool towels. No one is going in the house except for one bathroom that has a door to the outside. That bathroom has another inner door that I’ll keep locked. I have an area with sofas and live seats but I’m going to steer parents and kids to the side of the pool with chaise longues which will be spread out with a few feet distance between. Us moms can hang on the chaise longues and watch the kids swim. The older kids usually like to go insde and play Xbox but this summer I told their parents to bring scooters and skateboards. If the older kids get bored they can hang out on our driveway (we have a very long driveway). Dh also bought me a thermometer to scan people before admitting to the pool. We have 2 families who are very concerned about COVID19 and the rest are just going along with the quarantine but not actively flouting rules. All the families I’ve invited agree if our local positive COVID19 cases start to climb, we are shutting it down.

We live on a very breezy ridge. Normally I have a few large area umbrellas open but I’ll keep them closed to allow the breeze to keep blowing through. Also, for the past 2 summers we have noticed that we rarely use the pool except for the weekly pool
    parties so we think that will allow for sterilization of the furniture.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are having friends and family at our pool. We are allowed to gather in groups up to 25 outside though I wouldn’t have that many. We have had a family group of 10 and kids have had a couple friends. I am not cleaning between but we have several days between guests and everything gets at least a few hours of direct sun a day. People do go inside for the bathroom and I clean that after everyone leaves. We have been following the rules of our area and most people I know are too.