Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help with Color Choices for Honda Odyssey

We are looking into getting a new Honda Odyssey. I looked at the cars in person at the dealership to check out the colors. I like the mocha or tan interiors which means that only a few exterior colors are available with these. Or I can choose an exterior color I like more, and get a grey interior (which I have in my current car and was hoping to change up). Any thoughts on how much weight should be given to exterior first choice color vs interior first choice color?

Also, if you have a Honda, what color do you have and do you like it? The interior color choices I like only come in 3 exterior colors-white, pewter, and burgundy. I don't want a burgundy car, so that leaves white or pewter. The pewter looks brownish in the sunlight which I'm not crazy about (I would prefer a dark grey color). So that leaves white which I hadn't really thought about getting a white van. So maybe I should compromise on interior color in which case I have more choices.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don’t love the interior of my car this time. Last time I sacrificed the exterior for the interior (like you, I wanted tan interior). I think I’d pick interior over exterior unless you really, really hate those colors. Of course, you can negotiate better if you’re more flexible on colors.
    I’d pick the pewter because I like that one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Honestly, after lots of debating colors for past cars, every time I've always just ended up going based on price. I think it's totally a personal choice which to go for - for me, I don't really pay much attention to the inside of my car, but every time I walk to my car in a parking lot, I'm happy seeing the exterior color -- so I'd probably pick that. I feel like once I'm in my car, I'm more focused on the road and things outside the car, and don't really notice the interior color. However, I can see how other people might feel the reverse. If the current gray bothers you in the inside of your car now, I'd probably focus on changing that up. If you don't really notice/care about the interior now, but just figured you'd go for something different, then I'd make more consideration based on exterior color.

One thing I will say is that I refuse to have a white car. We don't get ours washed very often and I dislike how much the white cars show dirt. I won't have a black car for the same reason! (also don't like black due to heat issues).

I'm currently in a Sienna, and have a silvery-gray exterior that I've been really happy with.
    Lizi

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the pewter odyssey which is definitely bronzier than you would think from the pics. I actually bought it sight unseen due to a crunch & snowstorm. I don't think it's beautiful but it hides dirt inside and out which is really my highest priority. Our previous car had light tan seats and that was a disaster with kids.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wanted either gray or black interior. I ended up going with silver for the exterior and gray for the interior. Of your choices I would go with white or burgundy. I can’t stand any shade of brown for anything!

I have the white odyssey. I love it. Interior looks black.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the burgundy with tan interior. I am kind of over the burgundy but it is easy to find in parking lots and the burgundy hides dirt well.

I have the blue that I like (gray interior). Friend has black that she hates (always looks dirty, she says). DH kept trying to talk me into the pewter but I just really didn't like it. I'm not sure about white...I'm afraid it would show dirt easily too.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I'm on my second white Honda Odyssey . My first one had the tan interior which I liked but I do feel like the seats showed wear quicker and the floors showed dirt more. When I bought my current one I got the light grey interior and it has been great. I like the white but I have had 4 white vehicles . Good luck!

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmmm...given the choices, I would go with pewter. I really like a tan interior. Our first car, which we still have, has gray interior. It's fine I would just rather have tan. For the next car I didn't want to sacrifice the tan interior and I am glad. I just love it. Yes, it might show dirt more, but I just love the look of it, new or worn. I don't like burgundy in general and I really don't like white cars. So, I would go with pewter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast