Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have black exterior, tan leather interior. I like it. Looks like a good coonhound, LOL.

Are you getting leather interior? I feel like that's the biggest thing...leather is SO much easier to keep clean, and is more comfortable too. If getting leather means you don't get your first color choice, budgetwise, then I'd totally choose leather over ANY color, interior OR exterior!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help with Color Choices for Honda Odyssey

I would go with white with grey or black interior. We have a silver Pilot with grey interior (and a medium blue Subaru with black interior). I don’t mind the look of beige interior, but I am just afraid It would get dirty so I have only ever had blue, grey, or black interior in my cars.

ETA: with my Pilot I went with price over color and there wasn’t much on the lot (bought it at model year end clearance) at the time. I had two options when I bought my Passat (either black or white with black interior) and I ended up saving more money on the white model (which dh honestly preferred as he thought his Navy Corolla showed too many scratches), but I would’ve been fine with black if the savings were greater (the model I wanted was the least made model in the lineup), and with my Subaru I found that there was no difference in price based on color so I went with the color I wanted, but wanted black interior. I probably would’ve gone with dark red, black, or grey had I not been able to get the color I have.

I know there are different theories about discussing color and not discussing color with the dealer, but it hasn’t been an issue for me. I just look for the dealer who will give me the best price and best service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-31-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a tan interior before and now gray+black seats and black floormats (and other trim areas). The black absolutely shows more dirt and mess than the tan did. Everything stands out in the black.

I am an oddball. I hate leather interiors. I wish I liked them since I like the other features. But, my legs are usually pretty bare in the summer so they stick or burn. Dh loves them though...I just insist on taking my car places in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Pewter is really pretty, I think, and it was the color of my last Ody. It’s slightly different from every other grey and silver car out there. It does look a little bronz-ish in some lights, and dark grey in others. It’s definitely not full on bronze.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Are you getting leather interior? I feel like that's the biggest thing...leather is SO much easier to keep clean, and is more comfortable too. If getting leather means you don't get your first color choice, budgetwise, then I'd totally choose leather over ANY color, interior OR exterior!
    Yes, leather. I have grey interior leather now but my van is over 10 years old and I thought a change would be nice. No one has mentioned the mocha, but I thought it was really attractive.

Default Help with Color Choices for Honda Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Yes, leather. I have grey interior leather now but my van is over 10 years old and I thought a change would be nice. No one has mentioned the mocha, but I thought it was really attractive.
    The mocha looks black. That’s what’s inside my white odyssey. I love it. I had grey leather in my prior odyssey and it was fine. The new ones have lighter grey interior, which looks like it could get stained/marked up easily
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Totally agree with the PPer who said it matters what it looks like when you're looking for it in a parking lot! That's why we have navy. There are SO SO SO many of the previous body style in gray and silver that I cannot tell which friends pass us when we're walking down the road. There are only a few other navy ones. I didn't want gray again, but it's light gray, so it's fine. Def. get weathertech mats and leather.

For the "enjoyment" of beige interior, I've found that DH's car is the perfect place for it! His car got totaled last year, so when he was still loopy from the meds, we went to get him a new car. The world is overrun with gray and silver Pilots, so we opted for the red with tan interior. It's "fun" that it's not just like every other Honda Pilot, although it has a little more brown than I like.

What about the new green? It's pretty, and it's a shade I don't think would get too tiring. And beige interior, I think?

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    What about the new green? It's pretty, and it's a shade I don't think would get too tiring. And beige interior, I think?
    I think it doesn't come in mocha or tan interior. I think I want the mocha interior so only 4 color choices-black, white, pewter, and silver. My current van is silver so I don't want that and I think I don't want pewter, so I guess either black or white. Why doesn't Honda give more color choices? I think the silver/mocha combo is not great but a blue/mocha combo would be nice.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the black exterior/mocha interior combo I think the mocha leather looks really nice! We have a black Odyssey (tan interior) and sure, black gets dirty but so does every other color...and unless your car is cleaned to a shine, all of the colors look dirty when they're dirty. Maybe get a roof rack to set it apart!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-02-2020 at 09:56 AM.

I prefer a grey interior.

I got my second Odyssey a little over six months ago. My first one was burgundy with tan interior. We'd had a wreck and it was the slim pickings of 2007 models as the 2008 had been released. I did not want the tan interior but ended up with it because the two choices I had were the burgundy/tan or the exact same color as my next door neighbor had purchased two months earlier. Neither the exterior or interior were my first choices, but I then drove that sucker for the next 12 years.

In fall 2019 I bought a 2016. In the used world you definitely get what you get. I did get my grey interior and light grey exterior. I just think the grey hides the grime and dirt better than the tan. Keeping my van clean is pretty far down on my priorities list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast