View Poll Results: Would You Let Your Child Ride in the Front Seat for a Car Parade?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would let my child ride in the front seat for this

24 100.00%
  • No, I would not let my child ride in the front seat for this

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
    YES! And my kids are in back until 13, at least, which is largely unheard of among their peers.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    K

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    The world MUST be coming to an end ..... a 2nd unanimous decision on the BBB
    Haha!

Glad to hear that everyone thinks this is ok. I was second guessing myself, but you all have confirmed my original thought of letting my son do this.

We just went through this. DH and I took a while to decide to let DS1 (newly 11) ride in front for the all-school parade at a state park. As it turned out, probably 3/4 or more of the kids of all ages were in the front seat, hanging out the windows, sticking out of the sunroof, hanging out in the back of a pickup truck, or otherwise unrestrained. Made me feel a little better about our decision.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    The world MUST be coming to an end ..... a 2nd unanimous decision on the BBB
    I'm one of those "my kids RFed until 4+ and will probably be in booster seats until they're driving themselves" but I'd let him sit in the front too!
    Lizi

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I was the last of my friends to turn my rear faced kids and the last to have a kid in a booster until they could 5 step, but I'd even let a K kid ride in the front for this situation.

OP, I'm assuming it's local streets, low speed limit (25mph or lower; in NJ, most residential areas have a 25mph speed limit), and your 11-year-old knows how to wear a seat belt properly, so, yes, by all means, let him sit in the front passenger seat.

I might, if I were really nervous, slid the seat as far back from the dash as I could to protect my child from an airbag deployment.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2