jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DH just put on the rash guard!!!

We just had a family member have surgery to remove a cancerous growth. DH has skin tags all over his chest that he didn’t have previously. I’m convinced they’re from years of sun exposure. I have two DSs that I need to wear rash guards but protest because DH doesn’t wear one. DH has a sunburn all across his back because he refused to wear sunscreen or a rash guard yesterday. Uggghhhh - just wear the darn shirt already!!

I know this is a BP. I 100% support the rash guard.

Skin tags are never caused by sun. I am a Dermatology PA, and in 14 years of practice I have never seen a skin tag on the chest. There are lots of things that can be caused by sun that can be on the chest. He may want to get them checked out. I know in my area, televisits to dermatology have less of a wait than normal visits.

I have this argument with my kids all the time. I wear a rash guard, or a long sleeve cover up, (and a hat and my legs are usually covered too). My DH refuses to wear one or sunscreen. My kids Know if it is before 4 pm they need to wear one or they cant be at the pool. Period. They keep asking, but my answer is stay inside them.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cckwmh View Post
    I know this is a BP. I 100% support the rash guard.

Skin tags are never caused by sun. I am a Dermatology PA, and in 14 years of practice I have never seen a skin tag on the chest. There are lots of things that can be caused by sun that can be on the chest. He may want to get them checked out. I know in my area, televisits to dermatology have less of a wait than normal visits.

I have this argument with my kids all the time. I wear a rash guard, or a long sleeve cover up, (and a hat and my legs are usually covered too). My DH refuses to wear one or sunscreen. My kids Know if it is before 4 pm they need to wear one or they cant be at the pool. Period. They keep asking, but my answer is stay inside them.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, rash guards are nonnegotiable with my kids. They must wear them if they are in the pool. Sunscreen on their faces as well. I just have to be the bad guy every time we swim. It’s not as much of an issue if DH isn’t swimming but if he is they put up a bigger fuss. I’ve told DH he needs to get in to the dr to get his chest checked sooner rather than later. We’ll see if he goes...that’s a completely different BP!!