Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Her friend works at the grocery store where we ordered the cake and texted her that it will be ready and he has some sushi set aside for her birthday lunch when we go get it. Lessons in life today and we will carry on. Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Her friend works at the grocery store where we ordered the cake and texted her that it will be ready and he has some sushi set aside for her birthday lunch when we go get it. Lessons in life today and we will carry on. Thanks for the kind words.

That’s great news, especially from a friend who also remembered it’s her birthday. Go ahead and celebrate her today!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

She is thrilled with her cake and we are ordering her favorite Lobster fettuccine for dinner! Her boyfriend designed the logo for the new lacrosse teams that never got to take the field this spring, but the cake is sweet! Mixed colors of the two high schools in our town, as the teams are a coop.

boss1 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Thank you Liziz for your thoughtful comments. in response to the question of "how do I make my children feel safe." I wish we could discuss "how we can make black kids feels safe." The events of the last few days, years, have sickened me.
    Crystal

DS - 10 Years old
    DD - 4Years old

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great cake! I hope she had a happy birthday.

This is all very sickening and sad. Such hard times.
    K

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great cake and great resolution, OP. I love Liziz's post too. I keep wanting to like your posts and I appreciate your thoughtful point of view.

It's been another night of looting within 2 miles of my house. There were multiple threats to vandalize our neighborhoods and so as a single parent, unarmed, I left and took the kids to DD's boyfriends family home, they live outside of town, have security and are armed. Will sleep tonight i think.

I spent time today talking with my friend who is a black male, 37 years old and he has shared so many things that make me sad for all POC, but especially black men. It's too much to take in, but those who are raising kids who face this horrible racism, God bless you. Let's hope we never go through this again, we have to learn how to make this work.

I’m so glad you had a good night with your DD’s birthday.

You had a a lot to process and fear for safety. It’s real. Like you said, it’s a lot to process, and hope we can do better for our children’s future. The more we listen, support and act on behalf of the black community, just keep at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boss1 View Post
    Thank you Liziz for your thoughtful comments. in response to the question of "how do I make my children feel safe." I wish we could discuss "how we can make black kids feels safe." The events of the last few days, years, have sickened me.
    Thank you! Reframing the question, pivoting perspective, is so helpful in explaining and understanding what is happening right now. And it gives me hope.
    DS 2/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2