Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Our friends have all gone with their teens who have gone to midday peaceful protests, and stood back from the crush, were wearing masks, etc. and we are in a blue bubble. But were shocked and dismayed by the police instigation and attacks on totally peaceful protests, flash grenades, tear gas, and riot gear. They all hustled out and said if they go again, they will be more prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My city had a peaceful midday march that was facilitated by the police. I was hesitant to go because of Covid, but otherwise I wouldn’t have had a problem with that one. People were wearing masks and social distancing while marching, though it was harder to social distance when they were gathered at the end. But they weren’t packed in, either. I guess this is the difference between a big city march and a smaller city like mine, which is easier to control.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Ahh, you're so sweet. I was actually super happy that today I hit 15lbs lost with intermittent fasting that I started in January. I had hit a plateau for the last month but finally broke through two days ago. I'm also off all thyroid meds since January.

Checking Twitter may be a good place to look for a peaceful protest in your area. I just searched my area in the Twitter search engine.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    I’m glad you all got to go. It seems calm. You’re looking fabulous! I’m not nearly as slim and trim as you LOL, but DH and I have been losing weight during the quarantine LOL That seems to be a common theme on the DDD Facebook page, too, that we are the only ones who are able to lose or at least maintain during this time :-) phew!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5