Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, you lucky duck!!!! I'm thrilled you got a great machine in time for your DD's bday! Enjoy it!!!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm glad you got one!

I agree with the simple ones and Janome sounds great. DD has a basic Singer. It has 6 stitches I think. It's 3/4 size. She was 9 when she got it and is 14 now and sews quite a bit. She makes costumes and clothes on it and has no issues with it being basic. And it's lighter weight than a full size machine, so she's always been able to move it around herself, which is nice.
    Kris

Thanks! I'm super excited that I found a solid mechanical machine with all the features that make it easier to use (automatic needle threading, arrows/numbers for threading, drop in bobbin) that will also allow her to sew heavier fabrics (denim) if she wants to. She's been wanting to get clothing, including jeans, from Thred Up and modify them for fit or style. Personally, I grew up with sewing (all the women in my family are talented seamstresses) but the machine I've had for decades was handed down from my aunt (professional quilter). It was her old machine when she gave it to me! It was made in 1960, and I always found it so frustrating to use that I just don't sew. I have just realized it's ridiculous to not sew (if I want to) just because someone gave me an old machine! So, even if my daughter ends up not using it, I will use it! Either way, yay. Thanks again for your help. I love the BBB!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Late here, but I bought the Janome mod19 last year and I love it! Even my mom was impressed with it and she’s a quilter with many years of experience and several $$$ machines. I mainly use it for home decor projects.. Glad you found one!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Wow, you lucky duck!!!! I'm thrilled you got a great machine in time for your DD's bday! Enjoy it!!!
    I found this Janome on Zulily. Not as featureful as the one that RedSuadeShoes got but still looks solid. Maybe that would work?

https://www.zulily.com/p/blue-coutur...yABEgKgcvD_BwE

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    I found this Janome on Zulily. Not as featureful as the one that RedSuadeShoes got but still looks solid. Maybe that would work?

I saw that too but didn't think Zulily would be able to get it to OP in time...she lucked out with a nicer machine anyway! And thankfully, I already have a Janome

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I saw that too but didn't think Zulily would be able to get it to OP in time...she lucked out with a nicer machine anyway! And thankfully, I already have a Janome
    I totally misread your post. lol.

And now I really want this! I don’t know why. I don’t know what I would use it for. I have not used a sewing machine in 20 years. I do not have a good place to put it. But I still want it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I actually tried to order that one on Zulily! It says something like "oops, this just sold out" as soon as you click add to cart.

ETA: wait, I just clicked the link for the Zulily one and it's actually a different one than the one they had up the other day. I forget which one that was. Maybe this one is in stock.

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am bumping this thread. I can’t find the Janome machines recommended. Have the numbers just changed? This is for my 9 and 7 year old to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast