Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We moved!

Default We moved!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you all. We moved this past weekend. The place is amazing. Lots of things have been happening.

1.) Half of our furniture got delivered on Saturday . Still waiting on the rest. Just frustrating.
    2.) our brand new SUV broke down while moving on Saturday. Still at the dealership.
    3.) I twisted my ankle on the stairs on Saturday too. Hubby just wrapped it for me.
    4.) one of my welcome home surprises for the kids was a disaster. I got a local artist to hand draw bumblebee and Optimus prime, my son’s favorite transformers, on the driveway. It rained 10 minutes later when there was not supposed to be any rain until Friday. I ran upstairs and removed the shower curtain and tried to protect it. It was already wet though. I tried my best. They got to see the wet smudged version, but they still loved it.

Good things
    1.) the place is amazing. So much light and we have not even opened the blinds. We have 12 windows plus 2 sets of sliding glass doors leading to the patio. 2 year old has never had sliding glass doors, so she is intrigued. We love the view from the patio. I never actually realized how beautiful it was until I sat on the tile with the kids playing trucks and cars.
    2.) the enclosed patio is 10 feet by 10 feet. A whole room. I didn’t realize how big it was. I had never measured it until I had to order wood decking to put on top on the tile. It’s all enclosed all the way down to the railings, so their toys won’t fall to the ground. They love the patio.
    3.) they don’t seem attracted to the stairs, so for now we don’t need to mount anything into the wall since it’s a rental. It’s 61 inches across. We have been using our old baby gate as a barrier.
    4.) there is a deadbolt on the front door that is only able to be opened with a key. The only entrance and exit to our new home. Our other rental had 4 exits. So hard with a 2 year old.
    5.) I bought their table from IKEA. We actually have a space for a breakfast table in our kitchen, so I put their table there for now. They love it.
    6.) The furniture that did get delivered is beautiful. I love it so much.
    7.) We’re going to get a nugget for their room. Nuggets are out of stock right now. Still deciding on their beds right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by rollycolly2007; 06-03-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congrats on the new home! Despite the challenges encountered on Saturday (hope your ankle is better!), it sounds like everyone is settling in nicely!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations! I hope you continue to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Congrats on the new home! Despite the challenges encountered on Saturday (hope your ankle is better!), it sounds like everyone is settling in nicely!
    Thank you. My ankle is feeling better. The SUV is still at the dealership. Furniture is being delivered tomorrow.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Congratulations! I hope you continue to love it.
    Thank you. It feels so spacious even though it’s only 1,200 square feet. Our other fully furnished rental was 1,600 square feet. There are 3 extra closets. My husband has a closet just for his 5 suits. 🤣 Right now we just put our new unopened sheet set that we bought in one of the other 2 closets. Lots of extra space still in the 2 extra closets.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rollycolly2007 View Post
    Thank you. It feels so spacious even though it’s only 1,200 square feet. Our other fully furnished rental was 1,600 square feet. There are 3 extra closets. My husband has a closet just for his 5 suits. 藍 Right now we just put our new unopened sheet set that we bought in one of the other 2 closets. Lots of extra space still in the 2 extra closets.
    Be careful! I’ve found that when you have extra space, you tend to fill it up with stuff! It just seems to happen.

Congratulations on your new home! It’s sounds wonderful.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Be careful! I’ve found that when you have extra space, you tend to fill it up with stuff! It just seems to happen.

Congratulations on your new home! It’s sounds wonderful.
    Thank you. Hubby is extremely minimalist. Hubby just donates or tosses (if not good condition) everything. If we don’t use it or need it, it’s gone. 🤣

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

I never bought night lights since there are built in lights underneath in both bathrooms under the sink cabinets.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rollycolly2007 View Post
    Thank you. Hubby is extremely minimalist. Hubby just donates or tosses (if not good condition) everything. If we don’t use it or need it, it’s gone. 藍

That’s a gift. My mother was like that and I used to hate how unsentimental she was. Now as an adult I see how difficult it is to toss unneeded stuff. I wish I were more like that.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

For dishes, we ended up with the Corelle Versa meal bowls. No need for plates. We love them. I cooked steak, baked potatoes and broccoli (instant pot) on the stove top on our first night. Hubby loves our new meal bowls. The kids love them too.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast