Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We moved!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Awesome! The outdoor space sounds particularly nice! I'm sure it will only get better.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You mentioned the deadbolt opens only with a key. Does that include on the inside? If so, I recommend you keep a key in the lock (assuming kiddos can't reach that high) for safety, in case of a need to evacuate quickly. You don't want to be searching for a key in case of an emergency. Or hang one on a hook right by the door.

Congrats on the move!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    You mentioned the deadbolt opens only with a key. Does that include on the inside? If so, I recommend you keep a key in the lock (assuming kiddos can't reach that high) for safety, in case of a need to evacuate quickly. You don't want to be searching for a key in case of an emergency. Or hang one on a hook right by the door.

Congrats on the move!
    My brother always called those “die in a fire” locks. Yes, keep the key right there!

Hope your ankle feels better. And don’t let your dh throw everything out! You have the space...a few things stored away won’t kill him.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post

Congrats on the move!
    I would consider going one step further and asking your rental agent or whoever if this can be replaced with a deadbolt with an interior thing that turns to open (whatever it’s called). Of course if the door has a glass panel near the lock, that might not be ideal.

You also mentioned that this is the only entrance/exit. So the enclosed patio does not have any way to get out in case of emergency?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Despite some bumps, everything sounds like it is working out. So happy for you and your family!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My brother always called those “die in a fire” locks. Yes, keep the key right there!

Baby Bargains
    I know that fire code varies by state but it is definitely not code here to have a keyed deadbolt on the egress door!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Congrats on moving in! It sounds awesome. I’m so sad about the chalk art. That was a great idea for a surprise I know they loved it!

Thank you everyone. We made 4 copies of the keys. DH already put one set of keys next to the front door out of the kids reach. There are 5 windows surrounding the front door including the 12 windows upstairs. One of the 5 windows is a huge window that can fit a person that we could break in case of a fire.

The first floor is just the front door, small coat closet and the 61 inch grand staircase. The living space is all upstairs. There are 2 sets of sliding glass doors that lead to the patio, but since it’s not an exit unless we can’t get down the stairs to the front door.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

IMG_9984.JPG

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

IMG_8403.JPG

This is the entrance with keyed dead bolt. There are 3 more windows on the other side of the front door. The stairs lead to the living area.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast