Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    If you are in the South then I would guess noseeums. If you were close to or at a beach I would say sand fleas. For me mosquito bites swell and still raised the next day but not red dots. But IME those little dots can itch like crazy on day 2 or 3.
    There are different species of mosquitos and believe it or not they can have different bite patterns and different reactions to the bite. Bites below the knee I’d guess Asian tiger mosquito. They seem to almost exclusively bite my lower legs.

I’m a fan of the very hot water trick. It causes really intense itching as the histamine in the area releases and then itch free for several hours.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The best solution I found is to live in the woods and have 2 of your family and all your dogs get tick borne diseases. Now mosquitos seem like a minor nuisance to me. As I’m scratching them until I bleed I think “Hey, not a tick!” Of course having said this it will be a bad Eastern Equine Encephalitis year.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    The best solution I found is to live in the woods and have 2 of your family and all your dogs get tick borne diseases. Now mosquitos seem like a minor nuisance to me. As I’m scratching them until I bleed I think “Hey, not a tick!” Of course having said this it will be a bad Eastern Equine Encephalitis year.
    Yes I am terrified of ticks! We have them but they aren’t bad at my house. Now our dog is black so I’m afraid we won’t see them on her.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Yes I am terrified of ticks! We have them but they aren’t bad at my house. Now our dog is black so I’m afraid we won’t see them on her.
    It’s hopeless. I’ve changed my tick prevention over the years, because they get immune to one then need to go to another. On the seresto tick collar now. I get me youngest to get check her because his eye sight is better than the over 50 parents. My 3 yo Lab just tested positive for Lyme and on Doxy. I had a dog die from a complication from anaplasmosis. We’ve had yard treatments. Tick tubes. Cans of DEET everywhere. Nothing works all the way. *sigh*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3