Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm just realizing that I didn't read carefully that you weren't at your own house! Deep Woods Off is the only thing that works for me (mosquito magnet) and the chemicals are worth it for that. I love the Deep Woods Off wipes, which you can take with you if you're not sure you will need bug repellant, and then apply it if you need it.

I have tried a lot of the natural options and I will still get bitten. I was once a bridesmaid with a large group of bridesmaids for a wedding, outdoors taking pictures, and I was the only one in the group who got tons of big ugly mosquito bites. They LOVE me

And I haven't found anything to help with the itching and I have tried Zyrtec, topical corticosteroids, menthol, ice, baking soda, heat, fingernails, LOL...
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-04-2020 at 03:19 PM.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Gold bond helps me.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I run a bite under scalding hot water, keeps the itch away for about 8 hrs.

I just bought "the bug bite thing", it was only 10.00. Will see if it works, it suctions the bite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Welcome to my life. I’m the one who gets 100 bites when the person next to me gets three. Real bug spray (deet and lemon eucalyptus and picardin) work. Nothing else works. If you have a big fan, set up outside. It’s one of the best tricks ever. Benadryl cream offers the best relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My friends last year in Ontario, Canada where mosquitoes are famous, used turmeric capsules, took one about 30 min before they would go out and it worked.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I run a bite under scalding hot water, keeps the itch away for about 8 hrs.

I just bought "the bug bite thing", it was only 10.00. Will see if it works, it suctions the bite.

Let me know how it works!! I've seen ads for that and wondered if it would be worth it.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I always use an ice cube which seems to numb it and stop the histamine release. Maybe some icepacks or cold compresses for a larger skin surface area. And avoid scratching or rubbing at all costs.

The hot water trick seems like completely the opposite but I'm intrigued! Will try next time.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok so I have almost no itching today and just little dots. So maybe flea or those weird biting gnats? I don’t think most are mosquitos even though I saw lots of mosquitos. Weird

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Ok so I have almost no itching today and just little dots. So maybe flea or those weird biting gnats? I don’t think most are mosquitos even though I saw lots of mosquitos. Weird
    If you are in the South then I would guess noseeums. If you were close to or at a beach I would say sand fleas. For me mosquito bites swell and still raised the next day but not red dots. But IME those little dots can itch like crazy on day 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    If you are in the South then I would guess noseeums. If you were close to or at a beach I would say sand fleas. For me mosquito bites swell and still raised the next day but not red dots. But IME those little dots can itch like crazy on day 2 or 3.
    We have noseeums in the Midwest too
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast