Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Older kid plates, bowls, cups

Any suggestions? I'm eager to toss our toddler-like plastic stuff. I don't want glass, and I'd rather not have a lot of plastic. I also want the sizing to be more adult than kid size. It looks like stainless steel might be my best option, but I thought I'd check here first because you all always seem to have ideas.

How about Corningware? That's what we all use in my house. Dishwasher safe, not very fragile, lasts a long time. Love it!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We just switched to Corelle and use the luncheon.

It's a thought. My only hesitance is that I currently keep all of our kid dishware in a big drawer. I couldn't toss corningware around the same way that I do the plastic. That might be ok though.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Corelle (is that the same as Corningware?) They’re not impossible to break but they are hardy enough for older kids and I really like eating off of it too! I especially like the luncheon sized plates.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elizamom View Post
    It's a thought. My only hesitance is that I currently keep all of our kid dishware in a big drawer. I couldn't toss corningware around the same way that I do the plastic. That might be ok though.
    One thing I love about Corelle is that it stacks super compactly. It could totally be (nearly) stashes in a smallish drawer!

ETA: That should be “neatly”.
    Last edited by bisous; 06-04-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Corelle
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

How old are the kids? My son is 6 and sometimes eats from the plastic toddler stuff like his 2 year old sister, and sometimes eats off the regular dishes DH and I use. I guess I am trying to understand why you need different dishes for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Once done with toddler stuff, they moved right on to our every day dishes (stoneware, in our case). Never felt the need for something different for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    How old are the kids? My son is 6 and sometimes eats from the plastic toddler stuff like his 2 year old sister, and sometimes eats off the regular dishes DH and I use. I guess I am trying to understand why you need different dishes for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    9 and 5. Currently we do the same--plastic and our regular dishes. When they serve themselves, they use the plastic. Our regular dishes are too high up for them to reach. Our plastic stuff is old, well-worn, and ready to be retired.

You are right though. We certainly don't NEED different dishes for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast