jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default If you’ve been mostly sheltering in place

What are your plans for when you return to work? Masks for commute and office. Hand sanitizer for commute. What will you do at home? Will you change out of work clothes and then resume life as normal? Interacting with kids and spouse same as before COVID? DH will eventually be returning to the office and will be commuting by train. I have a friend that recently flew out of town for work overnight. She returned home and is self quarantining from her family for 14 days. DH and I were wondering if we would need to do the same when he returns to commuting. Curious what others are planning. TIA

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dh has to do one week a month in the office, so 25% at a time. They are socially distancing and masked when they’re not at their desk and hand sanitizer and wipes everywhere. This is the bay area so I would expect nothing less. Given all this, he said going to work was a lot less dangerous than going to Costco! And our Costco is pretty safe and people comply with the rules overall.
    The first couple of days he did change, but after that he decided not to and I was fine with it because it’s not like he has close contact with anyone. If it’s a full office, I think that’s a different situation. He scrubbed his hands and wiped his phone. I’m still not sure about the clothes though.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DH has been working out in public all along. He delivers for UPD so he is mostly alone during the day and the human interactions he has when he delivers to businesses are pretty brief. He started doing hand sanitizer frequently during the day and jumping in the shower first thing when he got home. That's really all we've done differently.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Default If you’ve been mostly sheltering in place

DH has been working all along. He wears a N95 mask and shield. He showers and changes clothes when he gets home. He also wipes down his phone, wallet, pen, etc. He’s a doctor but doesn’t work with covid patients.

He doesn’t quarantine from our family. But when he sees his mom (72 and lives alone in a condo), he wears a mask.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH has also been working this entire time. For several weeks, his office was locked down to the public, so no deliveries, through traffic, etc. but he has certainly been exposed to others. He has a private bath off of his office, so always able to wash his hands immediately rather than hand sanitizer which made me feel btter. When he comes home, he showers immediately. We've also done more immunity boosting: specifically Vit D and Vitamin C. DH is an introvert so ultimately tries to avoid people and just get his job done, LOL.

DH has been working most of the time (our for a few weeks with back injury) and I have gone in a few times here and there. He wears a mask any time he is out of his vehicle and wears gloves when getting gas. I wear a mask when not in my vehicle or my private office. We both keep hand sanitizer in our cars and I keep it in my office. We wash hands as soon as we get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I feel very lucky that my CEO has been saying since maybe week three (so first week of April) that there is a good possibility that we will not go back to the office even on a part time basis until there is a vaccine. Our cubicles will be socially distanced and there will probably be some sort of schedule as to when everyone has their in office days as well. As an example we have about 120 people on my floor so for 5 days a week there could be approximately 24 people on my floor and I would be okay with that. Also 4 of those people have offices with doors as well so we could almost push groups of 30 daily and I would be happy with that. I have been pleasantly surprised about how much I enjoy working from home though so I am not sure I would be happy if I had to go back and I had to wear a mask all day long. I am on and off the phone all day long and the air in our building is not consistently cool unless you work in the IT room. Wearing a mask would be irritating.

My DH has been working from home as well and I know he wouldn’t want to go back to work either if he had to wear a mask during the work day. I don’t know what his offices guidelines are for returning back to the office though. His new office is in the process of being built though so I am sure there has been some design changes in regards to cubicle sizing and distancing.

We both get that for some jobs masks are essential but imho if working from home is working well for your office then I don’t see the reason to jump the gun and go back into the office just to be more uncomfortable than you would be working from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Annie, I also can’t imagine wearing a mask all day for jobs that require tons of phone calls...how would that work? I picked up a prescription last night from the pharmacy and actually called back today to ask my questions rather than ask them in person because with both of us wearing mask I felt like it was too difficult to communicate! I do wish that my DH could have worked from home in some ways but it would’ve been really difficult with our house being so tiny. I think it would’ve stressed him out more than anything and honestly he would’ve had a really hard time doing his job here. I am happy on the other hand that many companies are working out ways for employees to telecommute because I think it’s so much better for people to have more flexibility with their jobs. It’s something I’d love for DH to have access to in the future.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wear a mask every time I leave my own physical office. I sanitize my hands so that they are wet with sanitizer as I am walking through the door. I remove my mask in the passenger side of my car, place it in a paper bag, then sanitize my hands before I go to my driver’s side. I change when I get home and throw my clothes in the laundry, but don’t bother to shower or change in garage.

Melanie- my husband dictates with a N95 all day long. Through Dragon. It’s not the end of the world.