Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I guess at our school I wouldn’t be worried at all someone took the gift cards. I have noticed that on this board there is more distrust and worry than I experience in my general life. If I’m really worried, I do online GC too, even for Starbucks, so people have them when they need them. We have an insane amount of unused physical gift cards that we don’t use as don’t tote them around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh interesting! It would not have occurred to me that someone would have taken them--rather that they would be missed.

I think I'd be team notify. It does risk sounding like you're reaching for a thank you note, but you know you're intent and you're trying to do a good thing.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would let it go and not ask. They most likely got the gifts, and it would be embarrassing for them to be called out for not thanking you. I know it isn’t your intention to make them feel bad, as you are just wanting to make sure they got their gifts. But the end result would be making them feel like a heel for not having graciously thanked you. Like PP mentioned, I wouldn’t expect a thank you from a teacher for the thank you gift I gave him/her. Would it be nice to get a thank you? Yes, of course. But I wouldn’t expect one. I know things get hectic and busy for them, and they must get a lot of gifts from many students. I also wouldn’t assume that they didn’t get the gifts just because I didn’t get a thank you. Having said that, it was very thoughtful of you to think of them and show your appreciation.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2