Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Wear Your Masks!

Yesterday, my oldest two had to go into the school to drop off their Chromebooks/prove they hadn't done any damage to said Chromebooks. We get there an hour after drop off started, and there's a short line spaced 6' apart in front of the school. I have the kids put their masks on, put mine on, and go join the line. We were literally the only people in line wearing masks, although the teachers inside had theirs on. Well, sort of. Half of them were wearing them with their noses hanging out. And of course, the Facebook friend of mine who has been posting about how the whole thing is a hoax is standing directly in front of us, and rolls his eyes at us. His wife & I had a normal 6' apart conversation about what's been going on, but he's walking directly up to people, etc. Thankfully he stayed away from us. But seriously. WHY did none of these people wear a durn mask?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I don't understand it either. Such a simple thing to try to protect everyone...🤗

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've seen mask wearing drop off considerably here over the past few weeks.
    At our school drop off we weren't allowed to get out of our vehicle and we were warned in an email that an assistant wouldn't even approach our vehicle to help us if they could see we weren't wearing a mask.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mask wearing rates are very low here in London too. Even in places like small grocery stores. They finally made them mandatory on public transportation. That just went into effect yesterday. Before that only probably a 1/4 of people on busses wore them. I haven’t been on the tube in months to see how it is there, but I can see people on busses from my front window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Masks are still required here, and people are pretty good about it. I had to go pick up my son's yard sign today, and all the kids, parents, staff were wearing masks. For me the hardest part is the 6 feet away. I just wanted to give his teachers a hug and thank them for everything, but obviously I can't do that.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went to my dd's high school to drop off a uniform and instead of a drop off car lane you had to park and go inside. We wore masks but the teachers didn't. I was not happy.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Wear Your Masks!

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Masks are still required here, and people are pretty good about it. I had to go pick up my son's yard sign today, and all the kids, parents, staff were wearing masks. For me the hardest part is the 6 feet away. I just wanted to give his teachers a hug and thank them for everything, but obviously I can't do that.
    I’m still seeing people wearing masks. DS had to pick up shoes left in his PE locker and school said they wouldn’t let anyone in without a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Required here too. Ds1 just had awards and graduation (2 events) last week on campus and everyone had their masks on. Only time we could pull them off was for a super quick family picture. I saw one guy at Home Depot walking in without a mask but the rest of his family had one so maybe he just hadn’t put it on yet. I feel very lucky to have such great compliance!
    Now, I had furniture delivered yesterday and in the email re. the delivery I was told the crew would wear masks, gloves and shoe covers. They wore none of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Around here the schools and Costco are requiring masks but Target was about 50/50. I think the ordinance in the neighboring county (Niccig's, essence, PZmommy, and others) is stricter. It makes a difference!

Interesting to see how counties within a state differs and even state to state. Here it’s mask up everywhere! If you want to gain entry inside a business, mask up or they’ll ask you leave. Someone in TJ tried that in a town 20 mins away and it didn’t end well for that customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast