Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Still mixed success with masks here in NY even though you are directed by the Governor to wear them when you cannot be 6ft apart or anywhere indoors with the public. I went to a BLM protest/rally yesterday in the neighboring small town (VERY red county) and the organizers did a good job encouraging participants to wear masks and socially distance. There were easily 400+ people in a smallish town park and every single person had a mask. Every one. Of course, being a BLM rally in small town USA, you figure that was pure liberal leaning people who would support mask wearing. But still it was comforting. And people did quite a good job with social distancing. Not perfect, but people weren't all up in each other space either.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My county just announced that masks will be required through August — I think this is longer than the current State requirement, although the state may keep extending theirs. It applies to almost anywhere indoors except your own home, any public transportation, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I’m still seeing people wearing masks. DS had to pick up shoes left in his PE locker and school said they wouldn’t let anyone in without a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Two middle schools in the NW valley are now closed for 14 days due to a covid case among the staff. I don’t know how they expect us to be on campus in any form come August if we can’t even control things with 10 people on campus!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our kids were NOT allowed to go to lockers. In Elem, teachers bagged stuff and it was curbside pickup. Teachers were required to wear masks & gloves. Families had to be masked and stay in cars.

In MS masks and gloves for all were required. Belongings were bagged and put in the gym 6ft apart. Go in grab your stuff and leave. No mask/no gloves? No entry.

I'd say 1/2 of the protesters I've seen are maskless. Someone asked about it on nextdoor and they were told its riskier not to march/protest.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are all about the masks as well. HOWEVER, if you are outside and there is a random person or two without masks there may be a medical/sensory reason. I try not to assume anything.

However, the teachers not wearing masks for device dropoff, locker cleanout, ect. is NOT okay. Especially since masks may be required for Fall.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Two weeks ago DS went to his Jr High to pick up stuff from their lockers/nurses office etc. Kids had assigned times to space out the number arriving, they were all required to wear masks.

All BLM protests have been with almost all wearing masks, and last week it was 90 degrees. I saw in facebook post that the protest organizers said, all participants not wearing masks will be asked to leave the rally.

Most people inside grocery stores etc are wearing masks.

We have outside dining now, the servers have to wear a mask at all times.

Most aren't wearing a mask outdoors, as it's easy to maintain a safe distance.

We are in IL, in a small city, 2 hours from Chicago, very low low numbers. Our state is apparently one of the few following the "phases" for opening pretty strictly.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think part of the issue is that we're in a small town, where there haven't been many reported cases. (Although, at one point, our county had the highest death rate in the state due to a very bad round in a nursing home. The nursing home DH's grandfather moved out of a year ago...) So, when I go to the grocery store, etc., I'm one of the few that actually wear a mask. I went to the closest city to stock up on some bulk items at BJs this weekend, and saw maybe 2 people in the entire store without a mask on. But our little town, everyone feels "safe".
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

They seem to be decreasing here in stores now that we are opening up more. Our town hasn't had a new case in a few weeks, which is good, but I think it's giving people an excuse not to wear them.

Middle school bagged all the locker stuff and everything else and it was a car pick up. We dropped off library books and they gave out the bags. High school kids went in, spaced out over a week, and did their own lockers. Masks required.

Some sports were able to start outdoor work outs this week. Pictures were posted by the school district on FB. The people taking temperatures were within arms length of the students and no one was wearing a mask or staying apart from each other. I emailed the athletic director and superintendent about it as the state requirements are for coaches and personnel to wear masks. They said they are going to change that now. I find it super frustrating that they couldn't get that right on day 1 though. It's a requirement in the state still, let alone with the athletic association.
    Kris

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Interesting to see how counties within a state differs and even state to state. Here it’s mask up everywhere! If you want to gain entry inside a business, mask up or they’ll ask you leave. ...
    I'm in Mercer and, even down to Burlington (DH makes occasional runs to a butcher there rather than getting meat processed through Purdue or Tyson) if you're going inside, you need a mask. I thought it was a statewide order as a condition for the business to open, but I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't paying super-close attention.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hadn't been to our grocery store in over a week, but I"d say 95% of customers had masks and all of the staff today. Same at Old Navy (I had a return that was sitting in my closet since early March). Was glad to see. I will say, Illinois is the only state in the country that has the best/highest decrease in cases/hospitalizations, folks have complained that other states around us have opened up faster, but our Governor has been steadfast in his resolve to do this right.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast