Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I live in an area where people think it's a hoax. I in healthcare and was redeployed to a front line covid position. I want to shake people and tell them it is not a frickin' hoax. The lack of mask wearing makes me want to scream. I wear full ppe and masks ALL day at work. My family and I also wear masks when we are out in public in a building. Our area never saw higher than about 30% of people wearing masks, now it's like maybe 5% wear masks! I went to sam's club on Thursday to shop, the only ones wearing masks were the employees and ME, NONE of the other customers (and it was busy) were wearing masks. People act like the re-opening of our state meant that there are zero precautions.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I hadn't been to our grocery store in over a week, but I"d say 95% of customers had masks and all of the staff today. Same at Old Navy (I had a return that was sitting in my closet since early March). Was glad to see. I will say, Illinois is the only state in the country that has the best/highest decrease in cases/hospitalizations, folks have complained that other states around us have opened up faster, but our Governor has been steadfast in his resolve to do this right.
    Same experience here today. Glad to see that people are just wearing them as commonplace. Some mask-less guy at Home Depot today questioned an employee about the policy but when told he needed one he just asked if he could buy one. He thought they weren’t required but was chill when told otherwise. I was expecting him to fuss.
    Now, at Target today like 1 in 5 people had their noses uncovered. First I’d seen that and then to see so many at once was baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

YES! I just came from the local farm stand and there was this guy right next to me the whole time without a mask! I kept moving away and he was there (this is a small, outdoor area). Everyone else had a mask on. It is the law in our community (with some exceptions that may have included him, that's fine, just socially distance!)! If you can't wear a mask, we all have to be understanding, but then you need to be even more aware of social distancing and not walk up and stand right next to someone! Wait, there are enough strawberries for all of us!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

New CA ordinance to wear masks while indoors and today at Target EVERYONE WAS WEARING MASKS. Yay!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m They mandated it. Although local people seem to listen, this should help a lot. Although I have noticed A lot of people don’t wear them properly. There needs to be a huge education campaign around HOW to wear it, on TV, online, whatever.
    I picked up pizza yesterday and the girl working there was only covering her mouth, not her nose. One of the customers was not covering his nose and when he spoke to her he literally pulled his mask down, which defeats the purpose of wearing it. Very annoying.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

They are mandated in Michigan and have been since the end of April, I believe. We're doing pretty well overall right now, as a state. Probably 75% of people are wearing them inside with most of them being worn correctly. One grocery store I go to is 100% so far. It's not close to me, but I would go there if my local store drops much lower than it is at now. We've done curbside pizza a couple times, as it's great with masked workers coming to the car.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I’m They mandated it. Although local people seem to listen, this should help a lot. Although I have noticed A lot of people don’t wear them properly. There needs to be a huge education campaign around HOW to wear it, on TV, online, whatever.
    I picked up pizza yesterday and the girl working there was only covering her mouth, not her nose. One of the customers was not covering his nose and when he spoke to her he literally pulled his mask down, which defeats the purpose of wearing it. Very annoying.
    I came home upset because there were a ton of people with their noses exposed at the grocery store. Dh- who is super vigilant about masks and safety- talked me down. You want their mask to keep their droplets from reaching you. Unless they sneeze, it’s mostly a concern what comes out of their mouth. Their mask won’t work as well to protect them but it won’t really affect you.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We got take out the other night. Not a single employee with a mask. DH had his on. He asked the owner who rang him out and she said she’s yet to wear one and they don’t have to. Except in NY yes they do. Every employee must wear one by law. We called our county health dept. to file a complaint. Any business not complying is subject to a $500-1000 fine. I don’t like penalizing businesses financially but also don’t like a business who is blatantly violating the rules and not keeping their employees or customers safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ugh YES. The county that I live in FINALLY was able to pass a mandate (previously unable to thanks to stupid governor) requiring that businesses require masks for all employees and patrons. I went to pick up dinner yesterday for Father's Day and EVERYONE was wearing a mask....except for 2 older white guys. And, I am sorry to say, when I see people not wearing masks, it is usually older white guys Not trying to be political or racist or anything but I do think this is a reflection of our President.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I came home upset because there were a ton of people with their noses exposed at the grocery store. Dh- who is super vigilant about masks and safety- talked me down. You want their mask to keep their droplets from reaching you. Unless they sneeze, it’s mostly a concern what comes out of their mouth. Their mask won’t work as well to protect them but it won’t really affect you.

The taking the mask off to talk thing really gets me. I was at Costco the other day which has required masks for entry since early May. I had to pass a gentleman in an aisle that was not only taking up the entire thing but had also removed his mask so he could yell into his cell phone at someone. I'm sure he was dispersing a ton of droplets. I went around.

Generally though I'm with you that even if worn imperfectly I'm STILL glad for it but yes, a little messaging on how that's done would be really effective!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast