Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    ... Although I have noticed A lot of people don’t wear them properly. There needs to be a huge education campaign around HOW to wear it, on TV, online, whatever...
    Agreed. Dude at the thrift shop where I donated a bunch of stuff was another "nose is hanging out" person and I didn't lose my sh!t with him, but there has to be a compliance campaign. We managed that with handwashing, why not this? (Also, as an aside, can we also remind folks that disposable masks/gloves aren't flushable? And leaving them in the parking lot after you've taken them off is disgusting?)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Also, as an aside, can we also remind folks that disposable masks/gloves aren't flushable? And leaving them in the parking lot after you've taken them off is disgusting?)
    Good grief! The local sewage treatment folks already have an ad campaign reminding people not to flush wipes. Masks and gloves now, too? And in parking lots? Yet another reason I’m glad that I’m still staying home!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Agreed. Dude at the thrift shop where I donated a bunch of stuff was another "nose is hanging out" person and I didn't lose my sh!t with him, but there has to be a compliance campaign. We managed that with handwashing, why not this? (Also, as an aside, can we also remind folks that disposable masks/gloves aren't flushable? And leaving them in the parking lot after you've taken them off is disgusting?)
    They’re all over the trails in our parks too. People can be so inconsiderate!!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

People said upthread that's it's "the law". I know it's been "mandated" or "ordinance" or health department "recommendations". I don't know anyplace that has actually made wearing masks into law, with all the red tape that involves. Until an actual, real law is passed, it's not enforceable.
    Public/government offices can make rules about their building. Private companies can say you are not allowed in without a mask (ie Costco). But honestly, I don't think mask rules are enforceable, and until they are - there will be idiots. Some places have more than their share - but some everywhere. Until there are penalties, there will be rule breakers.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Wear Your Masks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    People said upthread that's it's "the law". I know it's been "mandated" or "ordinance" or health department "recommendations". I don't know anyplace that has actually made wearing masks into law, with all the red tape that involves. Until an actual, real law is passed, it's not enforceable.
    Public/government offices can make rules about their building. Private companies can say you are not allowed in without a mask (ie Costco). But honestly, I don't think mask rules are enforceable, and until they are - there will be idiots. Some places have more than their share - but some everywhere. Until there are penalties, there will be rule breakers.
    NY has executive orders which are enforceable. Businesses can be fined, lose their liquor license, or be shut down for violating the requirement that employees must wear masks. Executive orders in NY state are not statutes but have the force of law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OK, I admit. I cheat and loudly say “I’m an ICU nurse working in a Covid surge unit, it’s really for YOUR safety.” People are fairly good here, but there are defiantly mixed messages given about wearing them outside. You should always have one on you.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    NY has executive orders which are enforceable. Businesses can be fined, lose their liquor license, or be shut down for violating the requirement that employees must wear masks. Executive orders in NY state are not statutes but have the force of law.
    In NJ this is also the case. There's even a form at the state COVID-19 page to report people/businesses who've violated the EO's.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

California also has a place to report businesses not following rules. They cited over 1000 businesses already. If people would just follow the rules we might not be in this bad of a predicament. Of course if we had some federal guidance and didn’t just let every state do their own thing, we’d be in better shape, but that is a whole separate BP.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    California also has a place to report businesses not following rules. They cited over 1000 businesses already. If people would just follow the rules we might not be in this bad of a predicament. Of course if we had some federal guidance and didn’t just let every state do their own thing, we’d be in better shape, but that is a whole separate BP.
    And if we didn't have a president holding in-person campaign rallies that fly in the face of all sound medical guidance for mitigation...
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Good grief! The local sewage treatment folks already have an ad campaign reminding people not to flush wipes. Masks and gloves now, too? And in parking lots? Yet another reason I’m glad that I’m still staying home!
    I haven't been out many places that I have to get out of the car yet (donations for the thrift shop being the exception; I wore a bandana tied over my mouth & nose - I have asthma and DD has heart issues, so we are both in higher-risk groups for severe cases) and haven't seen it by me, but Billy Penn posted about the situation in the Philadelphia area back in April. This has been confirmed anecdotally for parts of NYC by my brother Joe, who lives on the Upper West Side.

Philly media also posted about flushed wipes the same day.

It blows my mind.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast